Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

De-evolution

2»

Comments

• edited December 2010
    Inevitably, conditioning means there is a kind of abuse that is accepted, and hence to self, quite opposite of abuse. And if we all have the same conditioning, then we all accept the same kind of abuse as not abusive. This makes wars seem logical, doesn't it? "Those forgeign types are abusive. If they don't adore us they're crazy!".

Attacks that are not attacks. Even your monitor agrees your attacks are not attacks. So let me pose you a Buddhist riddle: If you are violent, where is the awareness of it? If you become enlightened, will your past before that time have anything in it that was not violence (except your early childhood)?
  • edited December 2010
    Tsoanra wrote: »
    Inevitably, conditioning means there is a kind of abuse that is accepted, and hence to self, quite opposite of abuse.

"..and hence to self, quite opposite of abuse"? Want to try that again?
    And if we all have the same conditioning, then we all accept the same kind of abuse as not abusive.

And yet, we don't all have the same conditioning. Or, conversely, we could accept something as 'healthy' when it is actually abuse.
    This makes wars seem logical, doesn't it? "Those forgeign types are abusive. If they don't adore us they're crazy!".

Not everyone who supports war is concerned as to whether it is logical; many are simply concerned about what they think it will get them. And yes, I agree, it is crazy to think that people who don't automatically fall into agreement with us are being abusive. Hence my bemusement regarding your behaviour.
    Attacks that are not attacks.

Statements that are not statements. Truths that are not truths. Ignorance is peace, freedom is slavery..oh wait, that's Orwell.
    Even your monitor agrees your attacks are not attacks.

My monitor is an animate object. It is a tool. Does a craftsman blame their tools?
    So let me pose you a Buddhist riddle: If you are violent, where is the awareness of it? If you become enlightened, will your past before that time have anything in it that was not violence (except your early childhood)?

I have already answered it.
  • edited December 2010
    A fondness for bickering. Did your wife die?
  • edited December 2010
    A fondness for bickering. Did your wife die?

I don't see it as 'bickering' at this point. At first I was unsure what to think, but now I am simply grateful for the opportunity to exercise my mind a bit. I owe you gratitude on that point. ^_^

I am celibate. But if I did have a wife, and she did die, don't you think it would be pretty cruel and lacking in compassion to bring it up in a mocking way? :-/
  • edited December 2010
    And somewhere in the distant future, the monkeys continued pounding madly at their keyboards and manage to create the entire works of William Shakespeare! Who at this time, on this board truly appreciated them for what they were?
  • JoshuaJoshua Veteran
    edited December 2010
    I think, if I can have any authority on the subject as the progenitor of this thread, that the thread ought to be closed.

Tsoanra, I'd like to encourage you to start some threads of your own if it is dialectics after which you're seeking, in the proper context I certainly enjoy a good debate. Otherwise I'd hope, as this thread pertains strictly to de-evolution, that you post helpful advice which functions strictly towards facilitating my, or any fellow's here interested, comprehension of de-evolution through the lens Buddhism. On a personal side-note, please try to keep things civil via humility, the absence of which tends to create anarchy. Thanks in advance.
  • VincenziVincenzi Veteran
    edited December 2010
    Artemis, you are mistaking the self for the mind....

And that is simply not true, you're just deluded and I am avoiding lower-low level samsAraputras for now... they may be dead, according to Buddhist Cosmology; and i just got confirmation: it will be Water not Fire.
  • CloudCloud Veteran
    edited December 2010
    What 2012?
  • edited December 2010
    Vincenzi wrote: »
    Artemis, you are mistaking the self for the mind....

And that is simply not true, you're just deluded and I am avoiding lower-low level samsAraputras for now... they may be dead, according to Buddhist Cosmology; and i just got confirmation: it will be Water not Fire.

When I speak of self, it's in part for simplicity's sake, since of course there is no self. ;)

Do you find that issuing judgments onto strangers as to their delusion generally causes or helps them to become non-deluded?

What is a "samsara putra"? I know 'samsara' of course but not the second term. So far, based on your quick usage of it in least two threads, I'm guessing it's a pejorative utilised to dismiss others.
  • CloudCloud Veteran
    edited December 2010
    "Putra or putera is the Sanskrit word for son. It has been absorbed into the Malay and Indonesian language." per Wikipedia.
  • edited December 2010
    Cloud wrote: »
    "Putra or putera is the Sanskrit word for son. It has been absorbed into the Malay and Indonesian language." per Wikipedia.

Oh. Well, that's not so bad. ^_^ We're all in samsara.
  • CloudCloud Veteran
    edited December 2010
    Technically, we're not "in" anything, really. :) We tend to think of Samsara and Nirvana as places or states of mind, but they're clinging and non-clinging. Suffering and non-suffering. They're as non-dual as light and dark... neither can exist where the other is found. (not to argue or anything)
  • edited December 2010
    Technically, we're not "in" anything, really. :) We tend to think of Samsara and Nirvana as places or states of mind, but they're clinging and non-clinging. Suffering and non-suffering. They're as non-dual as light and dark... neither can exist where the other is found. (not to argue or anything)

Well true, though again, I'm using a verbal shorcut. :p Still, I'm a fan of precision in terminology when possible. Would you say "affected by samsara" is a better way of putting it?
  • CloudCloud Veteran
    edited December 2010
    I'd just say we're all suffering. It's not Samsara that affects/afflicts us, but Ignorance. Samsara is the resultant cycle of rebirths of unwholesome states of mind.
    edited December 2010
    ...I will just default to jhåna and arupa-jhåna states. anxiety is getting lower, even (maybe because) I got fired.

un cuore nero non può essere ferito.
  • CloudCloud Veteran
    edited December 2010
    Don't go cold on us Vincenzi. Remember you're not in it alone; in fact you can't be in it alone.
    edited December 2010
    I need to be with the love of my life, before my heart goes red again (it is black/empty now). There's too many pratityaSamutpada involved, and I don't know if my loving her is considered thrishna.

When we met, we started to fall in love (even if...). I saw much potential in her, as a meditator... as a stream enterer. One day, she told me she had a boyfriend... I spoke about meditation again and left.

_Data omitted for privacy

She had not spoken to me since, she tries to hide when we met but then looks back at me... I think she may be passing through something similar...

I just want to hold her, kiss her in the forehead... and rest... rest from this samsåra together... I want to travel the rest of the stream with her.
  • JoshuaJoshua Veteran
    edited December 2010
    Vincenzi wrote: »
    I need to be with the love of my life, before my heart goes red again (it is black/empty now). There's too many pratityaSamutpada involved, and I don't know if my loving her is considered thrishna.

When we met, we started to fall in love (even if...). I saw much potential in her, as a meditator... as a stream enterer. One day, she told me she had a boyfriend... I spoke about meditation again and left.

She had not spoken to me since, she tries to hide when we met but then looks back at me... I think she may be passing through something similar...

I just want to hold her, kiss her in the forehead... and rest... rest from this samsåra together... I want to travel the rest of the stream with her.

il tuo cuore è rotto?
  • CloudCloud Veteran
    edited December 2010
    Come on people, 'tis not an Italian forum. Having to go to Google Translate for these posts is ridiculous. :)
  • edited December 2010
    Mea culpa. Mea maxima culpa.
    edited December 2010
    valois wrote: »
    il tuo cuore è rotto?

slashato; divided in two. one color red, the other black. the red piece is in florence... the black one is with "me".
    edited December 2010
    Come on people, 'tis not an Italian forum. Having to go to Google Translate for these posts is ridiculous. :)

it should be in samskrita... not' inglese, la lingua degli bastardi.

^_^