Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Well my frist dive into Meditation.

B5CB5C Veteran
edited December 2010 in Meditation
I practiced with breathing mediation.

It's a very interesting experience. I clearly need a lot of practice, but it was relaxing and calm. I almost feel my mind clearing away the things around me as I count my breathing and feeling my breathing going in and out of my body. I've did it for about five minutes. The last thirty seconds was a bit of trouble. I thought I had a place with no disruptions until my cat started snoring. :lol:

Comments

• genkakugenkaku Northampton, Mass. U.S.A. Veteran
    edited December 2010
    Yes, there's always a cat snoring. :)

Do it anyway.

Best wishes and congrats.
  • edited December 2010
    genkaku wrote: »
    Yes, there's always a cat snoring.

Or the air-conditioning cutting on. That makes me about jump out of my skin!
  • edited December 2010
    I'm pretty sure cat invasions are an integral part to my meditations. I would feel like something was wrong if I made it through an entire session without one having a hairball or jumping into my lap.
  • edited December 2010
    Hey,well done! I'm gonna try for the first time tomorrow. ;-)
  • CloudCloud Veteran
    edited December 2010
    Keep doing that until it's easy to calm your mind, and your mind is completely calmed.

Then learn something like insight-meditation, or Vipassana. After all the point isn't just to calm the mind. :)

Namaste
  • edited December 2010
    A snoring mind instead:p
  • edited December 2010
    Great start, You can focus on sound or other sensory input as a way to enhance your expeareance.
  • B5CB5C Veteran
    @The Doctor Donna

I do have a MP3 of a Buddhist Chant called "Mediation" it lasts exactly 5 mins.
    http://www.amazon.com/Tibetan-Meditation/dp/B000T1BLRG/ref=sr_shvl_album_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1292228181&sr=301-2
  • Well done.Keep it up,and don't make it a chore.
    With metta
  • genkakugenkaku Northampton, Mass. U.S.A. Veteran
    Discipline means doing what we are not habituated to doing ... in short, what we don't want to do. We may HOPE that there will be pleasing results, but the fact is, we don't know what will happen until with actually try. Others encourage our efforts, weave happy tales or whatever, but still we have to face facts -- their efforts are not the same as MY effort.

Perhaps the only consolation in such an uncertain atmosphere is this: What other activity have I engaged in that assures the happiness and understanding I seek? If intellect doesn't quite work and emotions don't quite work, what DOES work? Maybe meditation works ... I don't know, but maybe it does. So we take up the challenge with hope. And then the hope is dashed by a snoring cat or a raging fantasy or a landslide of sadness or a soaring bliss....

And still we practice in an effort to find out what ACTUALLY works. No one else can tell us ... but we can tell ourselves.

Just noodling.
  • Good noodle....