Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

kayne west hint of buddhism

ThailandTomThailandTom Veteran
edited December 2010 in General Banter
I am not a huge fan of hip hop, I like many genres of music, with hip hip I like funky, feel good and oldskool styles. I like kaynes first notorious album, ''college dropout''. I dislike his newer music tbh, anyway
I was listening to a song and realized that he is quite clever and wise, I shall post some of his lyrics, they seem to relate to the dharma somewhat.. Or is it just me? lol

''we do the ugliest things to the road of diamond and riches.''

''for that paper look how low we a-stoop.''

''we buy a lot of clothes but don't really need them, things we buy to cover up what's inside''

Comments

• MindGateMindGate United States Veteran

:buck:

I love Kaynway.
  • MindGateMindGate United States Veteran
    Bump.
    I just had to. :)
  • edited December 2010

:buck:

I love Kaynway.
    Okay...that was great.

"Look at his face, L-look at his face"
  • NomaDBuddhaNomaDBuddha Scalpel wielder :) Bucharest Veteran

''we do the ugliest things to the road of diamond and riches.''

''for that paper look how low we a-stoop.''

''we buy a lot of clothes but don't really need them, things we buy to cover up what's inside''

Sounds a bit like 2Pac...but still, I have to say, there is not a real hint of buddhism, but just a large bit of reality and realism (like the real hip-hop used to have).

• genkakugenkaku Northampton, Mass. U.S.A. Veteran
    I hope it's not too off-topic (I have never heard of Kayne and dislike hip-hop), but I do think that anyone interested in Buddhism can start anywhere -- literally anywhere -- and if the topic or person moves them and if they are willing to investigate, a clear understanding of Buddhism will evolve.

It does take attention and responsibility, however, in order to hear the music.