Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Buddhist Teacher

edited January 2011 in NewBuddhist.com
I am looking for a teacher of Buddhism in or near Delaware. How do I find one?

Comments

• I am looking for a teacher of Buddhism in Southern California, please help.
  • While teachers are good for some things, books can be great as well. Don't rely too heavily on others. In my opinion anyways :)
  • Emilie- my first, joking thought about finding a teacher of Buddhism in Southern California was "walk down the street". You could either Private Message Dhamma Dhatu or wait for him to come back and answer that in the same way he did the OP. But if you Google "Buddhism Southern California" you would get plenty of results. I myself know of Vajrapani Institute in Boulder Creek, which is sort of near Santa Cruz, if I remember right, but the LA area should give you so many results that you may have trouble sorting them out.

I wish you well and good luck in your search.
  • patbbpatbb Veteran
    I am looking for a teacher of Buddhism in Southern California, please help.
    Lucky you, you happen to live close to a great teacher Thanissaro Bhikkhu
    http://www.watmetta.org/
  • edited March 2011
    I am looking for a teacher of Buddhism in Southern California, please help.
    SoCal (LA, specifically) has the dharma group: "Against the Stream", a spinoff of the Dharmapunx movement in Northern Ca years ago. check out www.againstthestream.org for locations. They're into activist Buddhism, running soup kitchens, that sort of thing.

(Santa Cruz is actually part of Northern CA, just south of the Bay Area...)
  • Forgive me, I should have been more specific, like Simi Valley... or Ventura or Los Angeles county. I wish I lived near Santa Cruz, cool area!
  • LA County really will have more than you will be able to sort out. It may be as easy as the Yellow Pages.
  • Thank you, I will do some research.