Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

What Are People's Thoughts on "Law of One?"

DaltheJigsawDaltheJigsaw Mountain View Veteran
edited January 2011 in General Banter

Comments

• I have read lot's of the interviews, very Dharmic in places. I have no idea if it's a hoax, madness or in some sense real.

• shanyinshanyin Novice Yogin Sault Ontario Veteran
    I want to meet Ra.
  • I want to meet Ra.
    You just need to recite the traditional invocation:

There's only ONE god. He is a SUN god. Ra. Ra. Ra.
  • LOL, I read these "channeling" books a while ago. It is a hoax in my opinion. If you study the text you'll find that during the channeling the "vessel" will have many contradictions, differences in speech, complete inaccuracies, etc. It's about as believable as a psychic reading to me, nothing more than elaborate imagination and the power of suggestion.

RA RA AH AH AH, ROMA ROMA MA :nyah:
  • genkakugenkaku Northampton, Mass. U.S.A. Veteran
    Sorry ... I couldn't resist:

• DaltheJigsawDaltheJigsaw Mountain View Veteran
    Sorry ... I couldn't resist:

Thanks!
    I have read lot's of the interviews, very Dharmic in places. I have no idea if it's a hoax, madness or in some sense real.

Interesting.
    Thanks for sharing.
    LOL, I read these "channeling" books a while ago. It is a hoax in my opinion. If you study the text you'll find that during the channeling the "vessel" will have many contradictions, differences in speech, complete inaccuracies, etc. It's about as believable as a psychic reading to me, nothing more than elaborate imagination and the power of suggestion.

I would love to hear more from you.
    Have you read Seth's channeling material?
    I hear it's about 70% accurate?
    Any thoughts on that?
    Does it relate to Buddhism a bit?
    Anyone else?
  • LOL, I read these "channeling" books a while ago. It is a hoax in my opinion. If you study the text you'll find that during the channeling the "vessel" will have many contradictions, differences in speech, complete inaccuracies, etc. It's about as believable as a psychic reading to me, nothing more than elaborate imagination and the power of suggestion.

Could you cite just one of these from the Ra texts please?
  • shanyinshanyin Novice Yogin Sault Ontario Veteran
    I want to meet Ra.

I wanna try it!

Where did this come from! lol

• I want to meet Ra.

I wanna try it!

Where did this come from! lol

It's actually from the Illuminatus! trilogy. A very, very fun read. If you like psychedelic-influenced, tongue-in-cheek conspiracy theory meets ceremonial magic, gangs up with a talking dolphin and goes to a rock concert that is trying to raise storm troopers from the bottom of a lake to bring on Armageddon-- this book is for you.
  • seeker242seeker242 Zen Florida, USA Veteran

Does it relate to Buddhism a bit?
    Anyone else?
    I don't see how it can. :)

• mugzymugzy Veteran
    edited January 2011
    I got rid of the book I bought almost immediately after buying and reading it. Literally I returned it to the store for a refund, it was that bad. I think that site had the same stuff (I didn't check after discovering what it was) so you can check around and see for yourself.

• ravkesravkes Veteran
    edited January 2011
    lol
    LOL, I read these "channeling" books a while ago. It is a hoax in my opinion. If you study the text you'll find that during the channeling the "vessel" will have many contradictions, differences in speech, complete inaccuracies, etc. It's about as believable as a psychic reading to me, nothing more than elaborate imagination and the power of suggestion.

Yea, that would be great!:)
    Thanks!
  • Could you cite just one of these from the Ra texts please?
    I got rid of the book I bought almost immediately after buying and reading it. Literally I returned it to the store for a refund, it was that bad. I think that site had the same stuff (I didn't check after discovering what it was) so you can check around and see for yourself.

You can read it all online here: http://www.llresearch.org/transcripts/transcripts_toc_year.aspx

I have read lot's of it and couldn't find anything that deserved the derision you so willing pumped out.

So now you have text maybe you can show us these: "many contradictions, differences in speech, complete inaccuracies, etc."?

• The question was, "what are people's thoughts on the Law of One?" I think I was pretty clear about my feelings when I shared my opinion, and I'm not going to read it all again. I didn't like it, I think it's a hoax, and that's all. If you don't feel the same way about the books that's fine. I don't have anything to prove and I'm not getting involved in a debate about channeling. I personally believe it's the power of vivid imagination and suggestion.
  • The question was, "what are people's thoughts on the Law of One?" I think I was pretty clear about my feelings when I shared my opinion, and I'm not going to read it all again. I didn't like it, I think it's a hoax, and that's all. If you don't feel the same way about the books that's fine. I don't have anything to prove and I'm not getting involved in a debate about channeling. I personally believe it's the power of vivid imagination and suggestion.
    No No, I am not saying they are genuine, as said above:)

All I said was that they where Dharmic, which I think parts of it is. Many things that are not Buddhism have dharmic sense, I think.

namaste

Thank you both.