Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Is Swearing Bad?

2»

Comments

• MindGateMindGate United States Veteran
    edited February 2011
    Words are just words, still. Again, its just social taboo.
    lol, if words were just words why aren't you telling all your teachers to f off? words carry weight, sometimes even more so than actions..

Only for their benefit. In truth, words have no ultimate meaning. Only the meaning we give them. When you filter yourself, you merely do so for others' benefit, as well as yourself I guess in a way.
  • I think that's enough motivation to not swear, for others benefit. That's the whole point isn't it? Altruism?

It's not a "mere" motivation in my opinion. I think altruism is one of the best motivations you can have.
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    I think that's sufficient here.
This discussion has been closed.