Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Karma - in my perception

CSEeCSEe Veteran
edited January 2011 in Buddhism Basics
In Buddha i want to belief that all of us evolved & purified ourself towards Buddha the pure energy . There are no right or wrong , no true or false in Buddha but all depand on self awareness and wisdom . So if we act bad to others this is because we not not hv the wisdom or awareness of our own Buddha so one day , weather in this world or in afterlife , we will regret of our bad action ..... Our regret is karma . We will feel so-so hurt , so-so disappointed with our ownself and will rectify our own action . Karma to me is our regret of our own act , is our teacher for higher wisdom . comment are very welcome .

Thks
Ee

Comments

• On your view what is positive karma?
  • CSEeCSEe Veteran
    In Buddha I want to belief there are no possitive or negetive karma . When we do bad act weather we realise or not surely one day when we reach higher awareness we will regret of our bad act . We will feel so-so depress , so dissapointed with ourself and wanted to change , that feeling of regret is karma . In Buddha all of us will obtain higher & higher wisdom day by day and the higher awareness we are the more we awake . Each of us will change for betterment on our own will .

Thks for sharing .
    Ee
  • edited January 2011
    @CSEe

These are some of my thoughts on the matter:

Karma in general means "action", any action concerned with whatever we do, say, or think. However, in Buddhism, the word "karma" is usually used specifically for those actions which spring from mental intent. Our karma, whether "skillfull" or "unskillfull", have their consequences, and those consequences are the "fruits" or results of our karma. The precise working out of the results of kamma is one of the four unconjecturables. So, we cannot explain with any degree of certainty, for example, all the happiness and misery in the world. Often, the question of literal rebirth is woven into this puzzle. Let's not go there...

Perhaps karma and its results can be our "teacher" in the sense that we learn from our mistakes. Perhaps, it is also a way of telling us that we should not blame others for the "suffering" we experience. In the end, different people, different traditions, and cultures will have their own take on karma and its results.

:)
  • CSEeCSEe Veteran
    Thks for sharing , infact I do not understand any terms used related to Buddha including karma but I do hv a feeling so call regret of my bad act... that I wanted to belief is Karma . So in life I belief when we awake , trying to do the best we can to others in our current awareness surely we hv no regrets in the future when we reach higher wisdom .
    In Buddha I wanted to belief all living / non living thing is equal . In this world human hv religion then we evolved to hv civil law and i do belief the final destination is BUDDHA ...... when one day human evolved closer to this pure energy , there will be no civil law . we will be selfless . All human being will understand and loves each other , love all living and non living un-conditionally. We will realised that our current so call " love" between 2 lovers , or love from a mother to her children is not real , love for own luxury is not real.........then we do not need any civil law to guide us . We will reach a stage closer to Buddha and our energy will be free from all ill feeling .

Thks for sharing .
    Ee
  • edited January 2011
    Yes, skillfull intentional action, or karma, in all our
    ~~ speech (right speech)
    ~~ deed (right action, livelihood)
    ~~ thought (right mindfulness, concentration, effort, view, understanding)
    is the very backbone of the Buddhist path.

I hope I'm am reading you correctly... :)
  • CSEeCSEe Veteran
    Hi sukhita , yes that is wht i dream of is to discuss more on Buddha to acheive higher awareness and finally be awake . I want to belief that Siddharta show us by talking good , acting good, thinking good we will actually on the right track to know our own Buddha and I believe he is right in addition to that I belief by showing our sincere act , our love , care to others is actually showing them our Buddha , they will share it and we eventually feel it ourself . For example when we help a stranger in need sincerely , they will feel so touch of our kindness and their happiness will eventually give us a kind of feeling so powerfull even could makes you cry .....thats is pure good energy....you feel Buddha.
    " Teaching " to me in Buddha DOES NOT axist since in buddha we could only share our wisdom/awareness and learn from others their wisdom .
    Karma is when we realiase our bad act ( maybe because we in higher awareness ) we will sorry of ourself , the regret is karma . So we will rectify it.
    I belief learning Buddha is easy when we sincere , we can learn from all living or non living things ......depand on our wisdom to see it . Buddha is in all form of life since I belief Buddha is pure energy .
    Thks
    Ee
  • edited January 2011
    I have thought a bit about the Buddhist concept of karma and my own conclusions were that Buddhism is not a system concerned with ethics or ontology but a process that presents itself as having to be followed, in order to reach the ultimate extinction - nirvana. The etymology of karma is simply 'action' in Sanskrit, and the term can mean very different things in various Indian religions and philosophical systems. Buddhism is a discourse about ignorance and knowledge. Ignorance of the 4 Noble Truths causes mental impressions, causing rebirth-consciousness etc., and the path to knowledge leads up to the permanent cessation of suffering through the process of the practice of the Noble Eightfold Path. Not to become a good man, or the benefactor of good karma (i.e. the enjoyment of temporary pleasures), but the an interior realisation that culminates in parinirvana - the ultimate death where good karma, bad karma, suffering, pleasure doesn't exist as there is nobody there.
  • CSEeCSEe Veteran
    hi Ncryptx , thks for sharing yr views . I belief all living & even non-living eventually flowing towards the Buddha energy . Sorry in advance , I wanted to belief in Buddha sickness , old age , death is not suffering but it is a process of purification towards Buddha . When I done a bad act ,I will regret it after I reach higher awareness and suffer of my previous bad action , that is my karma so I hv to maybe re-born again to rectify my mistake and this process of purification will continue untill I am totally awake and hv no karma ..... thats is maybe wht Siddharta descripe as Nirvana . i think Siddharta is wrong if he think that birth , death , sickness & old age is suffering and sorry in advance to all , if he really think that way maybe he should be blamed for causing "suffering " in this world for thousands of years and change human mindset to material world . The world will be totally different ( maybe withou suffering)if human can accept death easily .
    So today I cry during my father funeral because everybody cry and if the whole world celebrate death I think I will even laughing instead of crying like a baby .
  • Karma is energy - can you tell me whether I am correct in calling it the "CHI" or "Essential Life Force"???? I have been thinking that "CHI" is a mixture of YIN & YANG CHI... If there is complete balance, (50Yin and 50 YANG %), it mixes with the surroundings... Because of volition, this balance is disturbed - hence, it cannot mix with surroundings, so it stays, momentarily modifying itself by volition...
    Please correct me if i am wrong....

Metta
  • CSEeCSEe Veteran
    Hi Nidish , frankly I never read any books on Buddha teaching ... my own version of Karma i belief is different from others . I do not understand Chi so I cant comment on that . In Buddha my version of karma is regrets ..... is simple to understand as Buddha is very easy to understand pls dont get it complicated .....buddha is simply pure good energy .
  • edited January 2011
    Hi CSEe,
    I like to share these ideas with you:
    The Practice of Karma
    Watch your thoughts, for they become words.
    Watch your words, for they become actions.
    Watch your actions, for they become habits.
    Watch your habits, for they become character.
    Watch your character, for they become your destiny.
    And thus the world rolls on and on.

Your destiny is but the fruits of your karma.
    Whatever karma you create, that you shall inherit.
    You are the owner of your karma.
    You are born of your karma.
    You are related to your karma.
    You live supported by your karma.

Karma is not something complicated of philosophical.
    Karma means watching your body, mouth, and mind.
    Trying to keep these three doors as pure as possible,
    Is the practice of karma.
    :)
  • CSEeCSEe Veteran
    Hi sukhita , thks for sharing sorry if I miss-lead you with my own version of karma .... I borrowed this word simply to fit into my perception of Buddha .

Thks Ee
  • edited January 2011
    No problem at all. :) I posted the ideas with the intention of trying to understand what your own version of karma is really about. You have said, for example "Our regret is karma" and I took this to mean that if we act unskillfully then we will regret the results of that action. But if we act skillfully, then there will be no regrets. Perhaps, because of our different approaches to the Buddha-dharma, we are getting our lines crossed. I'm sorry if I'm causing any misunderstandings, be assured it is not intentional. :)
  • CSEeCSEe Veteran
    edited January 2011
    I wanted to belief In Buddha if we explore the buddha energy inside us we are actually moving towards higher awareness each day . In Buddha there are no right or wrong , even if someone do the killing in Buddha he was not wrong simply because he does not understand his Buddha .... He will regret of his action one day maybe in life or afterlife and thats his karma . He will rectify his own mistake on his own will ....Human previously hv religion to control our bad action , now we hv civil law to guide us at later stage when human move to much higher awareness ....there will be to no more civil law ...yes there will be Buddha....more aware and awake there will be no law.......human will care for each other , care for the world to all living and non-living .... that will be closer to Buddha spirit . we are actually in purification process towards Buddha.

If we aware and understad our action even if we move to higher awareness we will not regret it .
    Karma is bad action without knowing our own buddha

• The Practice of Karma
    Watch your thoughts, for they become words.
    Watch your words, for they become actions.
    Watch your actions, for they become habits.
    :
    :
    Well said! Sadhu!x3
  • nvamsanvamsa New
    edited January 2011
    The Most Ven. Pa Auk Tawya Sayadaw has written a book on Kamma which covers the topic extensively. You can download its pdf file from:
    http://www.tusitainternational.net/downloads/ebook/

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    Reference to the work is sufficient. members accessing the link will be able to conduct searches themselves.
    Thanks.
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    Karma is energy - can you tell me whether I am correct in calling it the "CHI" or "Essential Life Force"???? I have been thinking that "CHI" is a mixture of YIN & YANG CHI... If there is complete balance, (50Yin and 50 YANG %), it mixes with the surroundings... Because of volition, this balance is disturbed - hence, it cannot mix with surroundings, so it stays, momentarily modifying itself by volition...
    Please correct me if i am wrong....Metta
    You're wrong.

Kamma is not Chi.
    Chi - or Qi - is the life force, prana or Dragon's breath that maintains energetic motion within a system. It is moveable, maleable and flows within and around us.

Karma is our own volitional action. We engineer kamma through thinking, speaking or acting out thoughts, words or gestures.

Chi/Qi is the carpenter.

You are the hammer and chisel.

Kamma is what you do to the wood.

Putting it really, really simply.
    But really simply.

• Kamma is not Chi....
    Chi/Qi is the carpenter.

But really simply.

Simply put, that's a pretty nifty metaphor. However, kamma is mostly the intent behind what we did to that wood. What we did to the wood would be the fruition, or vipaka.
    edited January 2011
    Kamma is ACTION. Therefore, chiselling or hammering the wood, is Kamma.

what we do to the wood, is the consequence.

The beautiful bowl - or pile of useless shavings good only for firefodder - is Vipaka.
  • Kamma is ACTION. Therefore, chiselling or hammering the wood, is Kamma.

The beautiful bowl - or pile of useless shavings good only for firefodder - is Vipaka.
    Yes, thank you for the clarification. Kamma is intentional or volitional action. One intended to produce a beautiful bowl, as they did, but they also ended up with plenty of shavings for a fire. :)
  • CSEeCSEe Veteran
    The Most Ven. Pa Auk Tawya Sayadaw has written a book on Kamma which covers the topic extensively. You can download its pdf file from:
    http://www.tusitainternational.net/downloads/ebook/

Hi nvamsa....I you dont mine I hope we could discuss ...I do not prefer to read or hear frm and website ...
    Thks
    Ee

• CSEeCSEe Veteran
    edited January 2011
    Karma is energy - can you tell me whether I am correct in calling it the "CHI" or "Essential Life Force"???? I have been thinking that "CHI" is a mixture of YIN & YANG CHI... If there is complete balance, (50Yin and 50 YANG %), it mixes with the surroundings... Because of volition, this balance is disturbed - hence, it cannot mix with surroundings, so it stays, momentarily modifying itself by volition...
    You're wrong.

Kamma is not Chi.
    Chi - or Qi - is the life force, prana or Dragon's breath that maintains energetic motion within a system. It is moveable, maleable and flows within and around us.

Karma is our own volitional action. We engineer kamma through thinking, speaking or acting out thoughts, words or gestures.

Chi/Qi is the carpenter.

But really simply.

Hi federica.....In Buddha I want to belief karma is own regrets ...when we move to higher awareness I will regret our previous bad act and feel sorry ...that is karma . We will suffer of our bad action and will rectify it on our own will .
    Thks
    Ee
  • CSEeCSEe Veteran
    edited January 2011
    You're wrong.

Kamma is not Chi.

Chi/Qi is the carpenter.

But really simply.

Hi federica.....In Buddha I want to belief karma is own regrets ...when we move to higher awareness we will regret our previous bad act and feel sorry ...that is karma . We will suffer of our bad action and will rectify it on our own will .
    Thks
    Ee
    Kamma is ACTION. Therefore, chiselling or hammering the wood, is Kamma.

Yes, thank you for the clarification. Kamma is intentional or volitional action. One intended to produce a beautiful bowl, as they did, but they also ended up with plenty of shavings for a fire. :)
    Good point.

However noble, good and well-thought-out our Kammic intentions are, however positive and fruitful the results - there will always be a "negative fall-out" as part of the consequence.
    I have found this to always be so.

Hi federica.....In Buddha I want to belief karma is own regrets ...when we move to higher awareness I will regret our previous bad act and feel sorry ...that is karma . We will suffer of our bad action and will rectify it on our own will .
    Thks
    Ee
    No, you have the incorrect impression. Your belief is wrong.
    Sorry, but it is.

Read carefully:

Karma, is an Intentional and purposeful action.

Vipaka is the result of your intentional and purposeful action.

if you regret BOTH the Karma AND the Vipaka this is a new Karmic action (in thinking) of itself.
    What you then do with that regretful active thought, will again, bring you consequence.

Please, whatever it is you "want to believe" can only be corrected through reading, discussion and study.

• CSEeCSEe Veteran
    edited January 2011

Thks
    Ee
    No, you have the incorrect impression. Your belief is wrong.
    Sorry, but it is.

Read carefully:

Karma, is an Intentional and purposeful action.

Vipaka is the result of your intentional and purposeful action.

if you regret BOTH the Karma AND the Vipaka this is a new Karmic action (in thinking) of itself.
    What you then do with that regretful active thought, will again, bring you consequence.

Please, whatever it is you "want to believe" can only be corrected through reading, discussion and study.

Hi federica, I belief and want to belief ( lets share ok ) that Buddha is the pure/perfect energy inside all of us ,( human , plant , animal , virus or in non-living ) as we are all a form of energy . All these energy move from one awareness to another....example I like toys when aged 5 , but when aged 18 I like sex , when aged 40 I prefer money then sex so maybe when 60 years old money is not what I want anymore .....thats is my explaination regards to my pysical life ...my point is we move from one awareness to another . This awareness also happen to other species or even to non-living ...they too moving and changing form from one shape to another .... but all moving towards the perfect pure energy-THE BUDDHA .
    So we can learn or know Buddha from all source ....there are countless way to learn Buddha...the dog and cat also moving towards Buddha but dont expect them to read right....?
  • You seem to have understood consciousness well... If you put consciousness instead of awareness, then it is more than just apt :) ....
  • @Federica Then what IS Karma???? I have been thinking it is Chi/Qi for that appeals and seems good enough... So, can you please elaborate??? And in your metaphors, I saw that you used "YOU" and compared it to the instrument used... But, there's no self no??????????

Metta
  • CSEeCSEe Veteran
    You seem to have understood consciousness well... If you put consciousness instead of awareness, then it is more than just apt :) ....
    Hi nidish , I know this word consciousness in some of the afterlife research...I am not really sure what it means but since you had suggested i think is good for me to check it out...thanks for your advise...but awareness or sometime I used the word wisdom is commonly used for me.....the fact is I think some of you here are right words is a problem for me but i will try my best to explain .
  • edited January 2011
    @CSEe Go read about the 5 skhandhas....
    edited January 2011

Hi federica, I belief and want to belief ( lets share ok ) that Buddha is the pure/perfect energy inside all of us ,( human , plant , animal , virus or in non-living ) as we are all a form of energy,
    No, sorry, I do not believe this.
    I do not ascribe to people having Buddha inside as ebnergy.
    The Buddha was an ordinary, commonplace and impermanent human being,. so this qualification of transforming him into this amazing 'energy' is hogwash, and I'm not of the same mind as you.
    you are making far more of him than is necessary.
    All these energy move from one awareness to another....example I like toys when aged 5 , but when aged 18 I like sex , when aged 40 I prefer money then sex so maybe when 60 years old money is not what I want anymore .....thats is my explaination regards to my pysical life ...
    This is just natural development and altogether common to everyone. You cannot think adult thoughts in a child mind, and you cannot function on child-like thoughts in an adult mind. It's natural progression, conditioning and growth. there's nothing mysic, magical or "energetic" about it. It happens. Get used to it.
    my point is we move from one awareness to another . This awareness also happen to other species or even to non-living ...
    'non-living'...? What??
    they too moving and changing form from one shape to another .... but all moving towards the perfect pure energy-THE BUDDHA
    Nope, I don't think this is at all right. I think you need to study Buddhism a little less esoterically and more practically. This energy you mention is not something I can relate to, at all.
    I think you are permitting some traditional magical influences you might have been exposed to, to cloud your perception. From my point of view, this is frankly, rubbish.
    Sorry to be so blunt, but as for Karma, we are obviously not discussing the same thing at all.
    @Federica Then what IS Karma???? I have been thinking it is Chi/Qi for that appeals and seems good enough... So, can you please elaborate??? And in your metaphors, I saw that you used "YOU" and compared it to the instrument used... But, there's no self no??????????
    Oh for goodness' sake. We have to use the terms You, I me, our, his in common speech. because there is a you, I , me, our and his, in everyday common parlance.
    Don't split hairs.
    While you are subject to Kamma, 'you' exist, ok?

And I explained kamma perfectly adequately.
    Kamma means Volitional Action, perpetrated by you/me/him/her/us/you(pl)/them.

That's it.
    Chi has nothing to do with kamma. Chi drives you, not kamma. You drive kamma.

It's a cog in the machinery once removed.

• @Federica
    http://www.woodlands-junior.kent.sch.uk/Homework/religion/buddhism.htm
    Go there.. And under the subheading "What did Buddha Teach?", it is given that it IS life force...
  • CSEeCSEe Veteran
    Hi Nidish....pls dont ask me to read or hear from so call Buddha teaching. I had tried but....sorry Too hard for me with all the terms / words ...infact I already have problem understanding English ok.

• CSEeCSEe Veteran
    Hi federica.... I am not here to state my views or teach , I am here to share so pls do not mistaken me.....
    In life we have our own awareness of what is right and what is wrong . Killing other people is wrong but for a soldier in war killing hundred of people is considered as hero...
    this is our civil law , previously we had a natural law then evolved into religion to guide us ,telling us what is right and what act is wrong...now in current world we have civil law to guide us ....if you steal..you are in wrong and go to jail .....but in Buddha there are no right or wrong....each of us have our own awareness . Our awareness is different by second...as we change by second....So when you say I was wrong....is actually refering to my awareness is not yet same level as yours...so sorry in advance ...the fact is to share....
    edited January 2011
    @Federica
    http://www.woodlands-junior.kent.sch.uk/Homework/religion/buddhism.htm
    Go there.. And under the subheading "What did Buddha Teach?", it is given that it IS life force...
    Yes, I know it's life force. I told you it is. I'm not denying that. Where have I denied it? But karma isn't part of that....and there, the author is completely wrong. Karma - Is NOT a 'Life Force'.....!!

It looks like a site written by a 16-year old. It's full of errors.
    it's hugely simplistic and as such the detail is lacking.
    It's also - wrong.

Some perceptions are so skewed that it's laughable.
    Study the suttas on a reliable and academically recommended website. Start with accesstoinsight. That's a better source of information.
    slightly. ;)

edited January 2011
    Hi federica.... I am not here to state my views or teach , I am here to share so pls do not mistaken me.....
    In life we have our own awareness of what is right and what is wrong . Killing other people is wrong but for a soldier in war killing hundred of people is considered as hero...
    Not by me. I do not look at killing by anyone as a heroic act. Killing is killing. A soldier has to do what a soldier has to do. I am sorry for that. I don't condemn them for following orders. But I deplore killing, and it's not heroic.
    this is our civil law , previously we had a natural law then evolved into religion to guide us ,telling us what is right and what act is wrong...now in current world we have civil law to guide us ....if you steal..you are in wrong and go to jail .....
    Wrong.
    Religion created civil Law. The legislation found in legal courts evolved and was derived from Religious law.
    but in Buddha there are no right or wrong....
    Incorrect.
    The Buddha is quite explicit in some matters as to what is Wrong and Right. There is the Eightfold Path, which is Right View, Right Intention, Right Speech, Right Action, Right Livelihood, Right Effort, Right Awareness/Mindfulness and Right Meditation/Concentration.
    There are equal "Wrongs".
    each of us have our own awareness . Our awareness is different by second...as we change by second....So when you say I was wrong....is actually refering to my awareness is not yet same level as yours...so sorry in advance ...the fact is to share....
    CSEe, I am sharing.
    I am not an expert, and am not an authority.
    but I hope you are learning.
    And I will add that your English is excellent. I wish I could communicate as well in your language, as you can in English.
    And I think maybe sometimes, differences in understanding of language, and terminology may also prove to be an obstacle.#
    I am learning too. :)

• CSEeCSEe Veteran
    Dear federica.....I can understand or share your views about our differences relate to Buddhism but sorry my dear friend I dare to say you are wrong when you claim my English is excellent....( a joke ok )......
    I guess I will try again to digest your views but for now I think lets move on with our differences.....again thanks for sharing....
  • @CSEe That one is no quote... It is just someone else writing about Buddhism...
    Hi Nidish....pls dont ask me to read or hear from so call Buddha teaching. I had tried but....sorry Too hard for me with all the terms / words ...infact I already have problem understanding English ok.
    CSEe, there will be no learning, no advance,if you do not read, or listen. You must make effort to find a good source of education, and try to read and learn.
    We al do the same.
    I read every day. I come to this forum every day and listen to other members, and I learn a lot.
    But it is important to read much and ask questions. This is how we all have come to where we all are now.
    It is difficult, yes, but not impossible.
    you come here, you speak with us, you read our replies, and you learn new things. Think about this. It's not different.

• CSEeCSEe Veteran
    @CSEe That one is no quote... It is just someone else writing about Buddhism...
    Recently when I just found the wonderfull world of internet , I had tried to seek for more info on Siddharta stories and Buddha . as for Buddha ...I learn nothing but for Siddharta's stories....I found it interesting and fun...just like gossip of a movie star on his family , love life etc ......I found there are many stories but I know non of them cant be 100% true simply because Mr Siddharta dies thousand of years....even the time of his birth or death is also un-sure .
    But.......in life all of us have awareness to choose....I choose to belief what i think he was....thats why if you read my posting here you could understand why I used to say..." I wanted to belief "....in this case i wanted to belief he said that.....
  • CSEeCSEe Veteran
    edited January 2011
    CSEe, there will be no learning, no advance,if you do not read, or listen. You must make effort to find a good source of education, and try to read and learn.
    We al do the same.
    I read every day. I come to this forum every day and listen to other members, and I learn a lot.
    But it is important to read much and ask questions. This is how we all have come to where we all are now.
    It is difficult, yes, but not impossible.
    you come here, you speak with us, you read our replies, and you learn new things. Think about this. It's not different.

Yes , that is my aim is to learn to help me move to higher awareness thats why i am here....but again please dont ask me to read or listen to any monk talks ok.....as for reading...I never interested in any books accept maybe Playboy but that was years ago.....In buddha I want to belief sorry in advance reading of other people views without debate like what we are doing now is the last thing i choose to do.....

Well then self-limitation will prevent you from being able to discuss in a knowledgeable way.
    You are using us as teachers here, but we obtain our information from sources you do not wish to approach.
    This is misguided, because our interpretation is not always correct.
    Nidish seems to think karma is a life-force.
    But it is not, and I am trying to explain his perception is wrong.
    How can I do this?
    by studying various reputable abd reliable sources of information.

he has one website that explains karma is a life force, which is a wrong view.
    I have many websites which explain what karma actually is.

But he has to see this for himself, and maybe check other websites too.
    And I'm sorry, but you must do the same.
    we are not all of one opinion here, and some opinions conflict.
    You must find out for yourself.
    The Buddha instructed this.
    The Buddha is important to you. Why not do what he recommends, then?
  • @CSEe That one is no quote... It is just someone else writing about Buddhism...
  • Sorry for the second post :P
    @Federica I second that..
    @CSEe As the buddha said, you need to go and look out, for you only know what sails in your boat... So you need that version which would appeal to you.. And what is your language?
  • CSEeCSEe Veteran
    edited January 2011
    Well then self-limitation will prevent you from being able to discuss in a knowledgeable way.
    You are using us as teachers here, but we obtain our information from sources you do not wish to approach.
    This is misguided, because our interpretation is not always correct.
    Nidish seems to think karma is a life-force.
    But it is not, and I am trying to explain his perception is wrong.
    How can I do this?
    by studying various reputable abd reliable sources of information.

he has one website that explains karma is a life force, which is a wrong view.
    I have many websites which explain what karma actually is.

But he has to see this for himself, and maybe check other websites too.
    And I'm sorry, but you must do the same.
    we are not all of one opinion here, and some opinions conflict.
    You must find out for yourself.
    The Buddha instructed this.
    The Buddha is important to you. Why not do what he recommends, then?
    Hi federica , I belief there are countless way to learn Buddism if reading is one of the trillion by calculation is nothing....so that is not limitation .
    sorry In buddha there are no teacher even Siddharta also not our teacher ....we all just sharing....In Buddha I never think anyone including myself or even siddharta is teacher....in school we have teacher but as awareness moves higher and higher our teacher can also become our student ....a kindergarden teacher at one point teach a student but after 20 years the student teach in university.....so awareness grows..
    I belief and want to belief that Siddharta did ask us to explore even his own teaching....
    As for hundreds of sources you find and you are confident of the information of common sources...maybe that is your limitation to explore or grow to higher awareness...
    There was one time ,......people from the whole world believe the world is flat but only a few so call " crazy people" belief the world is oval shape....and now who will be considered crazy?
    I find peace in Buddha....yes indeed very important dor me but to follow Siddharta blindly is not even his wish......
  • CSEeCSEe Veteran
    Sorry for the second post :P
    @Federica I second that..
    @CSEe As the buddha said, you need to go and look out, for you only know what sails in your boat... So you need that version which would appeal to you.. And what is your language?
    Hi Nidish.... yes you are right , thats why I am here still here even at 1am local time .....
    I am a chiese that do not write chinese ,I am a chinese born in Malaysia .
    Thks
    edited January 2011

Hi federica , I belief there are countless way to learn Buddism if reading is one of the trillion by calculation is nothing....
    Name me five other ways to learn about Buddhism,. without mentioning reading or being taught by monks. I'm not asking for a trillion, just 5.
    sorry In buddha there are no teacher even Siddharta also not our teacher
    I'm sorry CSEe, now you're just being ridiculous. we have to start somewhere!
    Of course the Buddha is our teacher, he was the originator of spreading the Dhamma! You cannot come onto a Buddhist website and state that the Buddha is not our teacher! How would we discuss and learn about Buddhism without him? you might as well call it 'CSEeism'... because what you are proposing is both singularly individual - and ludicrous.
    ....we all just sharing....In Buddha I never think anyone including myself or even siddharta is teacher....
    well you'd better think again.
    The suttas, his teachings and his directive example are what we follow.
    in school we have teacher but as awareness moves higher and higher our teacher can also become our student ....a kindergarden teacher at one point teach a student but after 20 years the student teach in university.....so awareness grows..
    This is completely different. A kindergarten teacher is qualified to teach at kindergarten level only. A University lecturer is qualified to teach at University level only. They have fixed duties within certain limitations.
    The Buddha was a teacher who taught his followers the perennial and universal Truth of Suffering, and the cessation of Suffering. his teachings span the life of a person, so the comparison you are making is pointless.
    I belief and want to belief that Siddharta did ask us to explore even his own teaching....
    Really? And how do you propose to do that, if you refuse to read his teachings, or what other Buddhist teachers have written?
    As for hundreds of sources you find and you are confident of the information of common sources...maybe that is your limitation to explore or grow to higher awareness...
    if one person tells you something, and 999 other people tell you the opposite, then the 999 people are more likely to be correct. When you find many sources saying the same thing, then you can reliably begin to see that perhaps they are accurate. This is how you find what is accurate and what is not. You test the words for yourself, by living the experiences that following the words brings to you. If you follow a teaching and it is an incorrect teaching, more confusion will follow.
    I perceive you are very confused. if you refuse to read and research, your knowledge is very limited, there is much ignorance and yolu are entirely mistaken.
    There was one time ,......people from the whole world believe the world is flat but only a few so call " crazy people" belief the world is oval shape....and now who will be considered crazy?
    And how do you know the world is round, and that it is a mistake to think it is flat? Where did you learn this? And how?
    I find peace in Buddha....yes indeed very important dor me but to follow Siddharta blindly is not even his wish......
    Nobody is asking you to follow blindly. But what we are saying is that following the method you use, is insufficient, misguided and leads to many mistakes.
    you have to study.
    Otherwise, we are all just wasting our time with you.

• IronRabbitIronRabbit Veteran
    edited January 2011

Hi federica, I belief and want to belief ( lets share ok ) that Buddha is the pure/perfect energy inside all of us ,( human , plant , animal , virus or in non-living ) as we are all a form of energy,
    No, sorry, I do not believe this.
    I do not ascribe to people having Buddha inside as ebnergy.
    The Buddha was an ordinary, commonplace and impermanent human being,. so this qualification of transforming him into this amazing 'energy' is hogwash, and I'm not of the same mind as you.
    you are making far more of him than is necessary.

The Buddha is and was a "title" meaning "the awakened". It would seem that the OP points to "Buddha Nature" with this metaphor of energy.

Fede, are you propounding Buddha Nature as hogwash and rubbish? Actually, Thich Nhat Hanh teaches that rubbish has Buddha Nature too, but I digress. Do you have Buddha Nature? Inside? Around? On the shelf? In a basket?.....
    edited January 2011
    As a Theravadin I do not ascribe to 'Buddha Nature', per se. Theravadans don't. If we have 'Buddha nature' it must follow that we have 'Mara nature' in equal proportions, to a greater or lesser extent.
    Mahayana seems to overlook this factor.

Also, read his comment in full, with regard to non-living. :wtf:

And with all due respect to TNH, (whom I have had the privilege of seeing very close up, in a talk he gave at a Quaker Hall in London) I don't share his view either.

'Buddha Nature'

Not my scene. :)