Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Ancient Christian worship

SimonthepilgrimSimonthepilgrim Veteran
edited December 2005 in General Banter
As this strange link is not Buddhist, I thought I'd put it here.

As many know, Christianity is very ancient in these islands, possibly as old as the first decades after the cricifixion.

In our marginal regions, like Cornwall, we can still find traces of the non-Roman mixture of paganism and the Christ.

Following a link from a place in Cornwall which is dear to my heart, I came across this:
http://www.menantolstudio.freeserve.co.uk/saint%20priapus.htm

Thought it might amuse you.

Comments

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited December 2005
    Oh, goodness... It takes a lot to make me blush.....!!:o :lol:
  • buddhafootbuddhafoot Veteran
    edited December 2005
    That's what I thought it was all about when I joined.

Then everyone just wanted to sing hymns.

I thought I was gettin jipped, so I quit.

-bf
  • edited December 2005
    I am with Fede on this one---It takes a lot to make me blush! :wow: :wtf: :eek:

Hey, Federica---I really like your avatar! I like Audrey Hepburn.

Adiana:usflag: :lol: :hair:
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited December 2005
    I think she is superb.... and one of the few stars (as far as I know) who had no skeletons in the closet....
    Im not sure if this is original, but she was once described as having both class and style, and was subsequently asked to define them....

'Class', she said, 'is wearing an expensive mink coat as if it were a rainmac - Style is wearing a rainmac as if it were an expensive mink'....

She may not have been able to sing, and her cockney accent might have been questionable, but even Julie Andrews admitted that " 'My fair Lady' is nothing without her....."

Sorry to digress.....

Audrey Hepburn in a Thread about St. Priapus.....:rolleyes:
  • SimonthepilgrimSimonthepilgrim Veteran
    edited December 2005
    The Celts were not phallocentric, of course:

http://www.whitedragon.org.uk/articles/sheela.htm