Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Christmas vs Holiday

2»

Comments

• edited December 2005
    Exactly so. Like who will be the next 'American Idol'. Let's sort out our priorities here folks. :winkc:

Bill Gates and Bono, according to TIME Magazine.......

gassho
    -fd-
  • edited December 2005
    That doesn't count, Bono is Bill Gates in drag.
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited December 2005
    And Barbara Cartland and the Queen Mother were one.....

Be honest.... did you ever see them together.....? Well, didja?? HUH???
  • edited December 2005
    And...you never saw Dennis Thatcher at the same time either, now that I think about it.
  • edited December 2005
    Is there any traditional celebration for Rohatsu or Verak? This is my first time every hearingof them. What do you do for those "holidays"?
  • edited December 2005
    The way things are going, I'm being to wonder if I am Fuke reincarnated!
    Ain't life grand!

gassho
    -fd-
  • edited December 2005
    You play the Shakuhachi?
  • edited December 2005
    Well I haven't read this entire thread heh, and this link may not be relevant, but perhaps of some interest, if not for merely igniting a conversation:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20051223/lf_afp/cambodiareligion_051223150410
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited December 2005
    That's like eating the icing sugar, but ignoring the cake.....!! :)
    edited December 2005
    You play the Shakuhachi?

If that's japanese for 'Honourable spoons' then yup, I'M a dab hand....

(Actually, I've looked it up... it looks and I'm sure, sounds wonderful....:) )
  • edited December 2005

HEHEHE! Good one! :bowdown: :lol:

Adiana:usflag: :)
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited December 2005
    Shakuhachi - meaning eight "shaku" in length - is a flute made from the root and shaft of the bamboo. It has a particularly haunting quality unlike any other instrument, and it is also said to be much more difficult to master than any other instrument. It was originally used by Buddhist monks in Japan in medieval times not only to play music, but also for self-defense as the root end of the flute makes a lethal weapon. Quite an interesting instrument!

Palzang