Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

all friendships start with hello

edited February 2011 in General Banter
Hello brothers and sisters here on such an interesting website called Newbuddhist. I have been reading some of your comments and is so fantastic how you all share so much with each other. how does this work? are you all friends and family? are you a real sangha? i am a monk and have travelled from india to tibet and visited to united states of america. now am visiting in europe but cannot wait to get back to india.

i have never before researched buddhism on the internet and was so suprised when i found your website.

i belong to the mahayana tradition

Comments

• We discuss things.. thats most of the basis but in the process our personality and humour comes up. Though sometimes your just into the discussion like blinders.
  • Hello! I suppose we're all friends, strangers or both. This is a good place to ask questions and learn from others. Some of us view this as a sangha, others don't. You'll find a wide range of opinions and perhaps traces of conflict resulting from them. Either way, I value this place highly with all its flaws and strengths.

So, how did your travels/journey come about?
  • ShiftPlusOne - what an interesting name, what does it mean?

ah - i have been travelling for approximately 20 years now - when i finished my studying in tibet and india in the early 80's i was so young still. and about 9 years later i left to start my travels.

there was this really rich westerner who always came to visit us and we became friends.

so when i finished he sponsored my travel to all these places - with the blessing of my teacher off course.. haha. so have been giving talks and sharing my practice and teachings with this man and many other people.
  • ShiftPlusOne - what an interesting name, what does it mean?
    Absolutely nothing.

ah - i have been travelling for approximately 20 years now - when i finished my studying in tibet and india in the early 80's i was so young still. and about 9 years later i left to start my travels.

there was this really rich westerner who always came to visit us and we became friends.

so when i finished he sponsored my travel to all these places - with the blessing of my teacher off course.. haha. so have been giving talks and sharing my practice and teachings with this man and many other people.
    Interesting, thanks.
  • genkakugenkaku Northampton, Mass. U.S.A. Veteran
    Welcome powerful_one. Hope you find something useful here.
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    "Within the first hello, echo the strains of the last goodbye."

:)
  • the journey, is that you?
  • DaltheJigsawDaltheJigsaw Mountain View Veteran
    Hello brothers and sisters here on such an interesting website called Newbuddhist. I have been reading some of your comments and is so fantastic how you all share so much with each other. how does this work? are you all friends and family? are you a real sangha? i am a monk and have travelled from india to tibet and visited to united states of america. now am visiting in europe but cannot wait to get back to india.

i have never before researched buddhism on the internet and was so suprised when i found your website.

i belong to the mahayana tradition
    Hey how are you doing?
    Welcome!
  • Hi Powerful_one!

Welcome!! I'm new here too. I'm Vajrahridaya from The Tao Bums and Hari from E-Sangha. I know some of you already.

I hope all discussions can stay open and honest, leading everyone to a deeper understanding of the nature of everything.
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    the journey, is that you?
    No.
    It isn't.
    Hi Powerful_one!

Welcome!! I'm new here too. I'm Vajrahridaya from The Tao Bums and Hari from E-Sangha. I know some of you already.

I hope all discussions can stay open and honest, leading everyone to a deeper understanding of the nature of everything.
    Hey man!
    Glad you are here now:)
  • Hi Powerful_one!

Hey man!
    Me too! I don't know why I debated so long with people who weren't even interested in Buddhism?? Wow!
  • hello :)
  • Hello!
    Hi Powerful_one!

Hey man!
    Me too! I don't know why I debated so long with people who weren't even interested in Buddhism?? Wow!
    Right!:)
  • edited February 2011
    welcome powerful_one. so you are real monk?

Oh and - HELLO!