Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

New moderators for NewBuddhist

LincLinc Site ownerDetroit Moderator
edited February 2011 in NewBuddhist.com
Our little site has grown in leaps and bounds over the last year and a half, but our moderating team hasn't kept pace. I'd like to get some more perspectives in the mix and get more sets of eyes to take some pressure off of us.

I'd like to welcome @Cloud and @ShiftPlusOne to the moderator team. :)

Also, I've added everyone's 'role' under their name to make it clear who's what.

Comments

• @Lincoln, Thank you. Glad to be able to help!
  • Thank, I'll try not to screw up too bad :D
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    welcome both.

Now - it's your go to make the coffee.
    Mine's a frothy cappuccino, no chocolate. ;)
  • :grumble: *Goes to turn on the coffee maker* :wtf:
  • SabreSabre Veteran
    edited February 2011
    Good luck both of you! You'll need it with me hanging around. :p
  • Oh no :eek: More moderators :rant: Now the hijinx are up!
  • Oh no :eek: More moderators :rant: Now the hijinx are up!
    Surely we can cut some sort of a deal.
  • Hijinx on tuesdays and saturdays? Sane the rest of the week?
  • genkakugenkaku Northampton, Mass. U.S.A. Veteran
    Thanks for all the help.
  • 4 moderators for a "little site" like this? :wow: ;)

It's never bad to have a diversity of views though. This is good news!
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    4 moderators for a "little site" like this? :wow: ;)

THis site is not so little as you think.
    And remember we live in different time zones. While they sleep, I watch. While I sleep, they watch.....

Cutting a deal is out of the question. (as if! huh! :rolleyes: )
    In matters of taste, we'll swim with the current.
    in matters of principle, we'll stand like a rock.

• Congrats to those new moderators. I have seen the population of this site explode in the last few months, so more moderators can be good.
  • DaltheJigsawDaltheJigsaw Mountain View Veteran
    Congrats Cloud and ShiftPlusOne!!!
  • cazcaz Veteran United Kingdom Veteran
    Nice to see some more mods ! :)
    yeah. You now have more of us to Pi$$ off.... :lol:
  • LincLinc Site owner Detroit Moderator
    Note: @federica is *not* on the take.

Please forward her share to me. :D
    edited February 2011
    So that's where it's been going..... :eek:
    Congrats to those new moderators. I have seen the population of this site explode in the last few months, so more moderators can be good.
    Hey Lincoln, how do you feel about being responsible for the population explosion then?

:wtf: :lol:
  • Well I'm just quoting word for word from the TS.
    4 moderators for a "little site" like this? :wow: ;)

THis site is not so little as you think.
    And remember we live in different time zones. While they sleep, I watch. While I sleep, they watch.....

Cutting a deal is out of the question. (as if! huh! :rolleyes: )
    In matters of taste, we'll swim with the current.
    in matters of principle, we'll stand like a rock.

• CloudCloud Veteran
    edited February 2011
    Yeah this site's not so little, or at least not so inactive, as you might think. Every minute or two there's something new posted (at least that's how it seems to me). If I go for a few hours before getting on, I have something like a hundred new posts (possibly hundreds) to catch up on... :)

Sometimes there'll be a single active thread with hundreds of new posts between visits to the site (i.e. between sleep sessions).
  • YAY Cloud, and Shift + 1 ! Congratulations! :clap: :clap:
  • Thanks, guys.
  • I have to admit I was scared when I saw the title... I thought for sure it was another troll thread complaining about moderators! Glad to see it's not!
    :bigclap: :bigclap: :bigclap:
  • BarraBarra soto zennie wandering in a cloud in beautiful, bucolic Victoria BC, on the wacky left coast of Canada Veteran
    Good choices!
    I have to admit I was scared when I saw the title... I thought for sure it was another troll thread complaining about moderators! Glad to see it's not!
    :bigclap: :bigclap: :bigclap:
    Actually, Cloud's coffee is a bit strong for my tastes....

• This is why I prefer tea... :)
    And now @Mountains has joined the team yesterday. Sweet!
  • FAR OUT!! WAY TO GO, MOUNTAINS! and Lincoln! You know, maybe I was reading your mind, Lincoln, because for some reason it crossed my mind the last few days to suggest Mts. as a moderator. Weird, huh?

May I make a suggestion? I see the little emoticon option is gone for the moment. When it returns, can you add just a few more emotes to it? Like a heart, a snoozing emoticon, maybe a praying-hands one.
  • Thanks ;) I think I'm to immoderate to be a moderator though!
  • All excellent people!!
  • I volunteer to be a moderator!!!
    "Anyone actually wishing to be a politician should automatically be disqualified as unfit for the role"

I think you'll find the same goes for Moderators....

Like Saints, we're chosen and appointed. :om:

You don't think we actually ever wanted to do this, do you???? :lol::lol:
    Welcome to the fold, Mountains. I'm sure everyone will go easy on you.... Right guys? ;)
  • CloudCloud Veteran
    Welcome aboard @Mountains, we needed some good help. :D
  • Welcome :wave:
  • "Anyone actually wishing to be a politician should automatically be disqualified as unfit for the role"

Thank You for your very interesting comment.

Namaste
    'Interesting' is one definition.
    "Tongue-in-cheek" is another..... ;)
  • Having been a moderator on several forums, I think you'd have to be mad to volunteer for it. It really is a strange and under-appreciated job.

Good luck, Mountains. :)
  • I don't think I so much volunteered as that I *was* volunteered :)
    @Paradox Coincidentally, I only enlist slightly mad people as moderators. ;)
  • MountainsMountains Veteran
    edited August 2011
    @Paradox Coincidentally, I only enlist slightly mad people as moderators. ;)
    {raises hand enthusiastically}

Da's ME!!
    Youz knota loan!!
  • Nice to know we're in good hands. :skeptic:
  • "Anyone actually wishing to be a politician should automatically be disqualified as unfit for the role"

lol, I dig ya philsophies homes! Taking no responsbility like a stoner is da best guilt free policy! No responsibilities but gets to complain from afar!

edited August 2011
    When you can communicate in intelligible English - as you have been asked to on more than one occasion - then I'll consider responding.
    Until then....

:scratch:
  • LesCLesC Bermuda Veteran
    I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member.
    Groucho Marx
  • LesCLesC Bermuda Veteran
    edited August 2011
    Congratulations Cloud & Mountains!!!