Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

We Got 2 Months to Live. :D

MindGateMindGate United States Veteran
edited March 2011 in Faith & Religion
Apparently, a very respected Bible scholar has figured out that the rapture will occur on May 21st of this year, the day after Draw Mohammed Day! So, who is going to join me in an End of the World Party? There shall be alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages and food. :)

http://ebiblefellowship.com/may21/

Comments

• And what about 2012, the turning over of the Mayan calendar? Another end-of-the-world party? Is this going to continue for the rest of this millenium? Is it going to be "one of THOSE millenia" ? :rolleyes:
    (Just kidding)
  • I'm just going to keep doing what I'm doing. :) Parties are fun, though! I really don't think there is going to be an 'end' to the world in an Apocalyptic sense, but more, in a realization/enlightenment kind of sense. That's just me, though.
  • everyday is a party
  • genkakugenkaku Northampton, Mass. U.S.A. Veteran
    We Got 2 Months to Live. :D

What makes these optimists assume we're got that long?
  • There are billboards up around here exhorting people to gather at some church and cry mightily to the lord for mercy on 05.21.11. Thing is, if the bible scholars (donkeys, in my twisted opinion) are correct (yeah, right...)and the rapture occurs right on schedule (oh, please...) then it doesn't matter how mightily one cries to gawd for mercy because the chosen done already been chosen, right? According to the rapture adherents there are only something like 144,000 that get in to hebben. Everybody else gets to suck eggs. This is more entertaining than the immaculate conception and Jesu rising from death! Rather than party - seems like a good day to watch cartoons on television - certainly more productive than looking out the window watching to see which of the neighbors will be whisking naked through the sky to the everlasting.....
    And if by some fluke I find myself one of those whisked out of my recliner and transported the the right hand of whatever - somebody will have some explaining to do...my bodhisattva vows are my ticket back to earth and samsara to help all those egg suckers!
  • What if an airline pilot flying a plane gets raptured up? A bus driver? You get the idea.
  • MindGateMindGate United States Veteran
    Doesn't matter, all the non-raptured people are damned!
  • TheswingisyellowTheswingisyellow Trying to be open to existence Samsara Veteran
    I'm gonna get Raptured, I'm gonna get Raptured!! :clap: :rocker:

If not I'll party with you all!! :rarr:
  • what I read was:

rapture May 21
    end of world Sept. 21

I remember 1988 very well. Where I lived then, in rural Ohio, some people maxed out their credit cards (showed no concern for those they would leave behind to whom they owed money) and they had their pets euthanized (didn't want them left behind to suffer).

then there was 1997, 2000, 2007, and now this, and yet to come: 2012. it's getting a little boring! We need a new story line for our fears. ;)
  • CloudCloud Veteran
    I read about 10 of those "Left Behind" books based on the rapture and the anti-Christ. Think there's more of them to read, but got bored with them. Stories based upon stories based upon stories...
  • genkakugenkaku Northampton, Mass. U.S.A. Veteran
    We need a new story line for our fears. ;)

Will Japan do? Or Libya? Probably not ... too prosaic.

• I remember 1988 very well. Where I lived then, in rural Ohio, some people maxed out their credit cards (showed no concern for those they would leave behind to whom they owed money) and they had their pets euthanized (didn't want them left behind to suffer).

;)

This is so sad!!!

I really can’t understand how easily people are brainwashed. :hair:
  • We need a new story line for our fears. ;)

blockquote>

Why do you think humanity has such a strong desire to fear?