Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

should i eat the chocolate in my locker

FenixFenix Veteran
edited March 2011 in General Banter
should i eat the chocolate bar(Dove) in my closet

Comments

• desperation is an ugly game
  • No, let it rot there.

And learn about impermanence.

Or you might just as well eat it, but then you'll have to think faster to see it gone^^
  • ... I am going to go eat some chocolate... and move this to general banter.
  • edited March 2011
    No. Not enough cocoa in it! ONLY eat dark chocolate with an 85% cocoa content. THEN? You will get health benefits with your calories! Regular stuff is empty calories, no benefit from the amazing feel-good (neurotransmitter-related) chemicals in cocoa.

Here ya go, keep in mind the effects below ONLY work well with 85% chocolate: :):):)

THE BENEFITS OF CHOCOLATE
    The pharmaco-dynamic substances (those whose action is similar to medications) found in chocolate are responsible for its reputation concerning its abilities. Four of these such substances can be found in chocolate: theobromine, caffeine, phenylethylamine, and serotonin. They appear in a negligible quantity, but each in infinitely small quantities plays an important role. Theobromine stimulates the central nervous system, facilitates muscular efforts, as well as having diuretic and cardiotonic action. It is an orexigan (appetite stimulator). Caffeine increases resistance towards fatigue, favorises intellectual activity, and increases watchfulness. Concerning phenylethylamine, it has a chemical structure similar to
    amphetamines and therefore contains psycho-stimulating properties. Serotonin, on the other hand, is a neurotransmitter (substance freed by the nerve endings) in the cerebral cortex--its quantity is often found to be lower during certain nervous depression states. The serotonin found in chocolate helps correct its initial loss. Likewise, the caffeine and saccharose stimulate the body's stimulation of serotonin. Finally, due to the pleasure it offers, chocolate stimulates endorphin secretion thus procuring naturally the same effects as opium. With this description of chocolate's chemical composition, it's never-ending list of vertues are easily explained.

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    I really don't care what you do.