Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Post some niceness! There's too much negativity in the news!

Comments

• Love-N-PeaceLove-N-Peace Veteran
    edited May 2010
    Awww. :)
    edited May 2010
    It's a Canadian goose in Canada! They live in England too... I think they migrate...
  • edited May 2010
    We have loads of Canada geese and Barnacle geese in Warwickshire. I love feeding them - but you have to be quick to avoid a nip! Some of them climb on my feet to get closer to the food....Good fun.
  • edited May 2010
    If they can be friends........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYmsm5lmNwI

So cute!!
  • edited May 2010
  • edited May 2010
    Niceness, eh? How about... it's all going to be what it's going to be. Just roll with it. :) Where you are, what you are experiencing now, is "right"; you haven't failed in any way. There may be things that you don't know yet, but that you are here... it is likely that you may know them.

Peace.

~
  • edited May 2010
    Absolutely. Here we are on a niceness thread talking about nice things. :)
    edited May 2010
    That video and the stories were really sweet LOL
  • lightwithinlightwithin Veteran
    edited May 2010
    Speaking of nice things, and just so I don't have to create a whole new thread for this, I wanted to say: HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY! to all the moms out there.
    edited May 2010
    It's spelt m-U-m and it's not Mother's Day :p

In England LOL

All the best,
    Jellybean
  • mettafoumettafou Veteran
    edited May 2010
    <object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0DZ_gL1KQs0&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0DZ_gL1KQs0&hl=en_US&fs=1&&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
  • lightwithinlightwithin Veteran
    edited May 2010
    I'm not a cat person but that gave me some much needed lulz.
  • edited May 2010
    I ate my leafy greens today... and I liked it :eekblue:
    edited May 2010
    I'm 15 years younger than you and I've been eating my greens since I could first eat, and the minute I'm hooked on the salad. *raises one-eyebrow if I could, which I can't LOL*

All the best,
    Jellybean

P.S. The side effects cutting out fatty meat and most sweets from my diet as well as drinking water more and trying to eat healthier mean I went in the pool last night and I could barely keep my shorts on, not forgetting they happened to be see-through :o:o:o
  • edited May 2010
    Hey Jellybean,
    Don't forget at your age you do need plenty of fats and energy in your diet! I've just had a very nice asparagus soup - it's asparagus season in the Uk - yay!! Then a goats' cheese salad. I am too spoilt!
    edited May 2010
    Yay!
  • edited May 2010
    Hehe, I'm usually pretty good with other veggies... I LOVE green peas and beans, for example. But I've just never been a "leafy greens" person, which apparently is a different subgroup of veggies. But broccoli has been growing on me, and the spinach salads I've been having haven't been too bad. I think the trick is a nice, light salad dressing. Most restaurants put on WAY too much!

Oh, and btw, Rain, LOVE the goose!!!!
    edited May 2010
    I love broccoli! :D

All the best,
    Jellybean
  • edited May 2010
    I have persuaded my boss that I need 3 more people to help me at work and so starting tomorrow 3 more people start earning a decent living.:)
    edited May 2010
    How kind :D

All the best,
    Jellybean
  • edited May 2010
    Hooray for creating jobs! :)
    edited May 2010
    alone
    tonight
    in this house,
    alone with
    6 cats
    who tell me
    without effort
    all that there
    is
    to know.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xdhLQCYQ-nQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xdhLQCYQ-nQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
    edited May 2010
    hehehe, LOL

All the best,
    Jellybean
    edited May 2010
    <object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_gtfbsNHxh8&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_gtfbsNHxh8&hl=en_US&fs=1&&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
    there's so much cuteness, much of it is very vicious.
    edited May 2010
    Cute? It's a grumpy, ugly little bald guy who's been badly beaten up and rolled in dog doo and then old cotton wool.

All the best,
    Jellybean
    edited May 2010
    he's so flumpy, and yr playing with fire!
    speak.gif
    edited May 2010
    That's before the little grumpy guy's been rolled in cotton wool:D

All the best,
    Jellybean
  • edited May 2010
    The kids did AWESOME on their ecosystems test today! I had more 100%s on this test than all the other tests added together for the rest of the year. Almost everybody passed!

Now, is it super crazy to think that means I'm not a great teacher because obviously I'm making it too easy for them?
    edited May 2010
    I got 100% in my cells, organs and microscope test in science :D And I'm yet to await my results in French and geography :D

All the best,
    Jellybean
  • edited May 2010
    Awesome on that science test. Did you find out your scores on the other tests?
  • TreeLuvr87TreeLuvr87 Veteran
    edited May 2010
    OHMYGOSH how did I not know there were kitty videos in the forum?!?! The last one is awesome - he thinks he's a people!!
    KITTIES WOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • edited May 2010
    Yesterday a student told me that he appreciated how kind I was and gave me a hug! And today I survived 7th period. I need a t-shirt for that, I think :)
    edited May 2010
    Awww :D I don't know my scores yet but I've just completed an English test and I've still got to do a maths and a French test of Friday!!! :eek: LOL. I've got science this morning, our teachers really nice, we get lollies instead of merits and because I'm vegetarian I get the extra nice vegetarian suitable ones :D It's good I like science because I want to be an ecologist :)

All the best
    Nickidoodle
  • edited May 2010
    sorry to hear about your loss.

These kitties are gorgeous! Made me smile, thanks for posting them :).

btw, if you like cats, check out lolcatz (icanhasacheeseburger) I think is the website. it's ROFL material!!
  • edited June 2010
    BREAKING NEWS.

Walked into my room the other day to find this! No wonder Pooh is so wise. ^_^

35667_602006072889_4811289_34641016_3531378_n.jpg
  • johnathanjohnathan Canada Veteran
    edited June 2010
    Hey nice Zafu and Zabuton... did you make them?
    edited June 2010
    Hahaha, love it Cristina!
  • seeker242seeker242 Zen Florida, USA Veteran
    edited June 2010
    us45O.jpg

:):):)
    edited June 2010
    Cuteness..... Receiver...... Overload!....... BANG!!!

Bloody 'ell, me bloody 'ouse 'as flipped!

upside-down-house.jpg

Now take this!

puppy-love-500.jpg
    edited June 2010
    Numbly, I left my husband, Marty, at the hospital where I had been visiting two of my children and headed for the grocery store. Since it was eleven p.m., I drove to the only store I knew was open twenty-four hours a day. I turned my car motor off and rested my head against the seat.

What a day, I thought to myself. With two of my young children in the hospital, and a third waiting at Grandma's, I was truly spread thin. Today I had actually passed the infant CPR exam required before I could take eight-week-old Joel home from the hospital. Would I remember how to perform CPR in a moment of crisis? A cold chill ran down my spine as I debated my answer.

Exhausted, I reached for my grocery list that resembled more of a scientific equation than the food for the week. For the past several days, I'd been learning the facts about juvenile diabetes and trying to accept Jenna, my six-year-old daughter's, diagnosis. In addition to the CPR exam I'd spent the day reviewing how to test Jenna's blood and give her insulin shots. Now I was buying the needed food to balance the insulin that would sustain Jenna's life.

"Let's go, Janet," I mumbled to myself while sliding out of the car. "Tomorrow is the big day! Both kids are coming home from the hospital." It didn't take long before my mumbling turned into a prayer.

God, I am soooo scared! What if I make a mistake and give Jenna too much insulin, or what if I measure her food wrong, or what if she does the unmentionable--and sneaks a treat? And God what about Joel's apnea monitor? What if it goes off? What if he turns blue and I panic? What if? Oh, the consequences are certain to be great!

With a shiver, my own thoughts startled me. Quickly, I tried to redirect my mind away from the what ifs. I gave myself an emergency pep talk and recited what I knew to be true, "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. I can do all things...."

Like a child doing an errand she wasn't up for, I grabbed my purse, locked the car, and found my way inside the store. The layout of the store was different from what I was used to. Uncertain where to find what I needed, I decided to walk up and down each aisle.

Soon I was holding a box of cereal, reading the label, trying to figure out the carbohydrate count and sugar content. Would three-fourths a cup of cereal fill Jenna up? Not finding any "sugar free" cereal, I grabbed a box of Kellogg's Corn Flakes and continued shopping. Pausing, I turned back. Do I still buy Fruit Loops for Jason? I hadn't even thought how Jenna's diagnosis might affect Jason, my typical four-year-old. Is it okay if he has a box of Fruit Loops while Jenna eats Kellogg's Corn Flakes?

Eventually I walked down the canned fruit and juice aisle. Yes, I need apple juice, but, how much? Just how often will Jenna's sugar "go low"so she will need this lifesaving can of juice? Will a six-year-old actually know when her blood sugar is dropping? What if...? I began to ask myself again.

I held the can of apple juice and began to read the label. Jenna will need fifteen carbohydrates of juice when her sugar drops. But this can has thirty-two. Immediately I could see my hand begin to tremble. I tried to steady the can and reread the label when I felt tears leave my eyes and make their way down the sides of my face. Not knowing what to do, I grabbed a couple six-packs of apple juice and placed them in my cart. Frustrated by feelings of total inadequacy, I crumpled up my grocery list, covered my face in my hands and cried.

"Honey, are you all right?" I heard a gentle voice ask. I had been so engrossed in my own thoughts that I hadn't even noticed the woman who was shopping along side of me. Suddenly I felt her hand as she reached towards me and rested it upon my shoulder. "Are you all right? Honey, are you a little short of cash? Why don't you just let me…?"

I slowly dropped my hands from my face and looked into the eyes of the silvery haired woman who waited for my answer. "Oh, no, thank you ma'am." I said while wiping my tears, trying to gather my composure. "I have enough money."

"Well, Honey, what is it then?" she persisted.

"It's just that I'm kind of overwhelmed. I'm here shopping for groceries so that I can bring my children home from the hospital tomorrow."

"Home from the hospital! What a celebration that shall be. Why, you should have a party!"

Within minutes this stranger had befriended me. She took my crumpled up grocery list, smoothed it out, and became my personal shopper. She stayed by my side until each item on my list was checked off. She even walked me to my car helping me as I placed the groceries in my trunk. Then with a hug and a smile, she sent me on my way.

It was shortly after midnight, while lugging the groceries into my house, that I realized the lesson this woman had taught me. "My kids are coming home from the hospital!"I shouted with joy. "Joel is off life support and functioning on a monitor. Jenna and I can learn how to manage her diabetes and give her shots properly. And just as God met my needs in a grocery store, He will meet each and every need we have. What a reason to celebrate." I giggled to myself.

"I have a reason to celebrate!" I shouted to my empty house.

"Why you should have a party," the woman had exclaimed.

And a party there would be!

-Chicken Soup For the Soul
  • edited June 2010
    johnathan wrote: »
    Hey nice Zafu and Zabuton... did you make them?

No I bought them. Freakin' expensive, for real. I may have made my own if I knew that was an option! Haha.
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited June 2010
    Cristina wrote: »
    BREAKING NEWS.

Walked into my room the other day to find this! No wonder Pooh is so wise. ^_^

35667_602006072889_4811289_34641016_3531378_n.jpg
    Hilarious! I love Pooh. And Piglet.
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited June 2010
    As Moderator of this forum, I sometimes have to make decisions that actually hurt me personally.
    I do my best to keep this place light, cohesive and friendly.
    It's not easy remaining light-hearted when some push patience to limits I didn't know I had, and sometimes I perhaps flip and act unwisely.
    I'd just like to point out that I'm human, and I am just doing my best.
    so it's incredibly heartening and uplifting to know I have some wonderful friends on here, who understand what I do, and watch my back for me. I love that, I love you.

I'd just like you all to know this is a truly comforting and revitalising base for me, and I'm grateful to you all for that.
    Life (currently) is supa-stressful.
    This place alleviates the stress.

This is not a me thread, and I don't want responses to that. I'm not seeking anything from you here, because it's not about me, but I just wanted to let you all know you lift my days.
    edited June 2010
    On a hike on the Appalachian Trail this weekend, I heard a snap! in the woods and turned my head to see a Mama wild turkey with three little baby wild turkeys hopping behind her. Didn't get a picture in time but wow, I felt so blessed just to see them! I've seen wild turkeys but never little chicks hopping behind their mama turkey. Cute and very nice!
    edited June 2010
    Awww! My nan/grandad stepped on two ickle partridge chicks by accident recently :( but life goes on :-/ I lurv turkeys :D

All the best
    Nickidoodle/Jellybean
  • edited June 2010
    federica wrote: »
    It's not easy remaining light-hearted when some push patience to limits I didn't know I had

Sorry :(
    I'm not seeking anything from you here, because it's not about me, but I just wanted to let you all know you lift my days.
    Life (currently) is supa-stressful.
    This place alleviates the stress.

Sounds like you need a group hug young lady! *Points finger*

*hugs the fed*

Feel free to join in people...
  • edited June 2010
    bluesky wrote: »
    sorry to hear about your loss.

These kitties are gorgeous! Made me smile, thanks for posting them :)

edited August 2010
    Kikujiro wrote: »
    *hugs the fed*

*joins in*

I like this poem :D

download?mid=1%5f1768757%5fAKFuUtQAAW2jTGEcjgQFGnFHr9g&pid=2&fid=Inbox&inline=1
    A fart it is a pleasant thing,

It gives the belly ease,

It warms the bed in winter,

And suffocates the fleas.
    download?mid=1%5f1768757%5fAKFuUtQAAW2jTGEcjgQFGnFHr9g&pid=3&fid=Inbox&inline=1

A fart can be quiet,
    A fart can be loud,
    Some leave a powerful,
    Poisonous cloud
    download?mid=1%5f1768757%5fAKFuUtQAAW2jTGEcjgQFGnFHr9g&pid=4&fid=Inbox&inline=1
    A fart can be short,
    Or a fart can be long,
    Some farts have been known
    To sound like a song.....
    download?mid=1%5f1768757%5fAKFuUtQAAW2jTGEcjgQFGnFHr9g&pid=5&fid=Inbox&inline=1
    A fart can create
    A most curious medley,
    A fart can be harmless,
    Or silent , and deadly..
    download?mid=1%5f1768757%5fAKFuUtQAAW2jTGEcjgQFGnFHr9g&pid=6&fid=Inbox&inline=1
    A fart might not smell,
    While others are vile,
    A fart may pass quickly,
    Or linger a while.......
    download?mid=1%5f1768757%5fAKFuUtQAAW2jTGEcjgQFGnFHr9g&pid=7&fid=Inbox&inline=1
    A fart can occur
    In a number of places,
    And leave everyone there,
    With strange looks on their faces.
    .download?mid=1%5f1768757%5fAKFuUtQAAW2jTGEcjgQFGnFHr9g&pid=8&fid=Inbox&inline=1
    From wide-open prairie,
    To small elevators,
    A fart will find all of
    Us sooner or later.
    download?mid=1%5f1768757%5fAKFuUtQAAW2jTGEcjgQFGnFHr9g&pid=9&fid=Inbox&inline=1
    But farts are all bad,
    Is simply not true-
    We must never forget.....
    Sweet old farts like you!
    download?mid=1%5f1768757%5fAKFuUtQAAW2jTGEcjgQFGnFHr9g&pid=10&fid=Inbox&inline=1

Kinda brings a tear to your eye doesn't it?
    FROM ONE OLD FART TO ANOTHER

Best Wishes To All Of The Hard Working Moderators

Joe Nickidoodle Love'N'Peace Jellybean
  • edited August 2010
    For all of you who ever wondered what cats are thinking... :)

Cat talking, translation

What cats are really thinking
    edited August 2010
    That's really funny LOL, thanks for sharing :)

Kind regards,
    Nickidoodle Jellybean