Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

River, boat, pick your guide.

taiyakitaiyaki Veteran
edited August 2012 in General Banter
You're dead.

You're on a boat.

The boat is moving forward.

Destination is unknown.

You can choose just one person to be with.

This will be your tour guide.

Who is your tour guide?

Mine definitely would be the Dalai Lama. I wouldn't be able to understand him half the time, so I'll have to fill in the blanks. Also I am dead damn it. I just want to giggle my way to hell.

<3

Comments

• VastmindVastmind Memphis, TN Veteran
    edited August 2012
    Ok, if this is a duality test, I'm going to give it my best shot! :) lololol

If I'm dead, Im totally unaware of all the details that came after
    that fact........ Or am I ??
    taiyakiBeej
  • Does he have to be related to Buddhism?
    Because if not I want Johnny Cash to be my spirit guide.
  • Can be anyone. Why mr. Cash? Curious.
  • Oh my.. I would not want Johnny Cash to be my tour guide.

Right when he starts singing I'm gonna somehow heave my corpse into the abyss. Abandon ship. hehehehehehehe

So we are talking in the bardos here @taiyaki?

If I'm still in the corpse then I would want my guru right there guiding me through the stages.
  • taiyaki said:

Can be anyone. Why mr. Cash? Curious.

I got the idea from The Simpsons when Homer ate the Guatamalan Insanity Peppers and Johnny voiced the Space Coyote.

He has a soothing voice, I don't know what's in store for the afterlife but I would like him to explain it to me.

And according to his autobiography and he hit rock bottom and managed to climb back up a better person for it.

I think that's a good virtue to have in a guide.
    taiyakiBeej
  • Wow when I read your first few lines I keep getting an image of my corpse on a boat, floating along lol! So ok, if I'm dead, but theres a 'me' who cares where I"m going, I'll definitely pick Buddha as my guide!:)
  • BeejBeej Human Being Veteran
    edited August 2012
    I want the three year old version of myself. That's the closest I've ever been to being enlightened. :lol:
    taiyakiMaryAnneWolfwood
  • John Lennon. Fascinating.
  • @taiyaki
    The only person who can get me out of this predicament is probably the one imagined this in the first place. :)
    taiyaki
  • robotrobot Veteran
    edited August 2012
    Captain James T. Kirk
    MaryAnne
  • Yes, yes, yes! This is all musings of an innocent teenager in the body of a 24 year old male.

But like horoscopes and mtv, it's amusing what guides people choose.

Also my guides change daily. For instance my guide today is Britney Spears. Would love to hear her insane story.

<3
  • Terry Pratchett's Death :)
  • I'd have to say Jimmy Buffett.
    BunksOneLifeForm
  • haha ik it isn't a person but it'd be awesome to listen to Mumford & Sons while on my path. It wouldn't even matter if I ever found it either..the music in my ears would be enough to call it a great ending.