Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

post meditation

how has meditation changed your life?
lobster

Comments

• lobsterlobster Veteran
    edited January 2013
    It taught me to breath. It gives me health, calmness and all going well, Buddhahood sometime this year. :om:

It gives me joy, serenity, a satisfaction with my life and capacities. It has gives me focus, concentration, hopefully wisdom, it has simplified me, enabled minor 'siddhis' or capacities. It has increased my intuition, awareness and insight, given me patience. Meditation = Life.
    Bunks
  • SabreSabre Veteran
    edited January 2013
    Knowing I'm not in control of my own thoughts somehow makes me feel I'm more able to 'control' them being how I like. So getting rid of worries and allowing peace. Not being afraid of what life can and will give.
  • sean said:

A little more attentive to my words, deeds and thoughts. But this attentiveness seems to fade if I do not keep a daily meditation schedule (coupled with virtue/morality ofcourse). That's my experience so far... not very impressive, I guess.

• Keeps the dharma fresh in my mind so that it does not fade as a support to me and a resolution to improve my wisdom and compassion. Or rather, it lets me have insight into how I get in the way of my own wisdom and compassion and how that comes from facing things, seeing things, and responding in my life.
    Invincible_summer
  • howhow Veteran Veteran
    edited January 2013
    Before finding meditation, I was I.
    During meditation, I was nothing.
    Later, nothing transcended everything.

So nothing changed my life,...yup, nothing at all.
    lobsterInvincible_summerStraight_Mansean
  • nothing changed my life
    . . . Nothing changes . . . :clap:

• "first there was no lake anymore. then there were no rocks"
    The nothing, neverending story
  • Invincible_summerInvincible_summer Heavy Metal Dhamma We(s)t coast, Canada Veteran
    edited January 2013
    I know this sounds cheesy, but in a way the "changes" that have occurred are so gradual/subtle (at least to me) that it just feels like a natural progression of my life. It's not like everything was dark before and now there's a light... it's more like it was sort of dim, and the light was very slowly turned on and I didn't really notice it until it was brought to my attention.

EDIT: But if I must list the changes, I suppose patience, calmness, and awareness. Patience with myself and others; calmness in the face of unexpected change; awareness of my surroundings and my actions.
    lobster
  • tikaL2o6tikaL2o6 Explorer
    edited February 2013
    Meditation has brought me closer to worldly concerns. When I was younger I had a very innocent view of the world, and all I saw value in was Nibbana. Naturally, I was drawn to meditation. Having then spent a few years pretty much devoted to meditation only - celibate, no job, no responsibilities, etc, I got to a point where I was pretty content with my meditation practice. Now I'm putting my obsession with enlightenment on the back burner and focusing more on worldly success.
  • sean said:

I have less time for watching TV.
    lobsterStormerhow
  • It makes me more focused.

It calms my mind to think more clearly.

It helps me understand things that used to baffle me.

It lets me be more calm (As before but more so now).

Meditation is my path to happiness.
    lobster