Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

New blog for beginners: Buddha Basics

Hopefully something that newcomers to Buddhism might find helpful... I've started up a new Tumblr blog. I think the title sums it up:

Buddha Basics

My challenge will be to avoid using the word 'ontological'! How long can I hold it back? haha
paigepersonSabreMaryAnneInvincible_summerLucy_Begood

Comments

• NevermindNevermind Bitter & Hateful Veteran
    I suspect you'll be writing a bit about Buddhist beliefs regarding the nature of being, lets be honest. :p
    riverflow
  • riverflow said:

My challenge will be to avoid using the word 'ontological'! How long can I hold it back? haha

It's easy if you stick to the positive. Just use the simple phrase "radical phenomenology."
    riverflowpersonInvincible_summer
  • SabreSabre Veteran
    edited April 2013
    I appreciate the blog and also that you pointed out you are a beginner. May I just say that Buddhism challenges many deeply ingrained ideas and assumptions. And that -especially as a beginner- many ideas we have of the Buddhist practice later turn out to be (partly) incorrect or at least incomplete. That's something for everybody to keep in mind, but perhaps especially so when you make a website with the intention of teaching others.

Hope you don't take it wrongly.

With metta,
    Sabre
    Invincible_summerriverflow