Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

North Korea, hypothetical situation and Buddhist response

2»

Comments

• vinlynvinlyn Colorado...for now Veteran
    blu3ree said:

Imagine- John Lennon

That worked out pretty well for you thus far in history?

Invincible_summer
  • vinlyn said:

blu3ree said:

Imagine- John Lennon

That worked out pretty well for you thus far in history?

Of course nothing goes wrong in my imaginary dream world! Besides its only in my mental reality and not a true reality. Everything is fine!!!!!!
  • personperson Don't believe everything you think The liminal space Veteran
    I just saw the movie Lincoln. One of the main themes was whether pursuing an amendment abolishing slavery was worth the cost of nullifying peace talks and ending the civil war.

I thought Lincoln was right in pursuing it but I it reminded me of this thread and made me think about what, as a Buddhist, I would do. I think the Buddhist response is to pray never be in that position where one would need to make that kind of decision.

Then I thought about that quote, "The Only Thing Necessary for the Triumph of Evil is that Good Men Do Nothing" and second guessed myself. But then I realized that being a Buddhist and seeking peace isn't doing nothing, its actually getting at rooting out the heart of such conflicts, the violence and conflict within each of us and passing that on to others.