Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

The Weight of the World and its New Ugly

2»

Comments

• music said:

robot said:

music said:

This world is a house of darkness. To search for light is to search for an illusion - it is an exercise in futility. As Buddhists, let us just accept that samsara sucks and try to get out of it. Let worldly people worry about the world.

You live in a horrible place. It must be very hard.
    Some people are unable to change their circumstances for any number of reasons.
    Life over here is the opposite from where you are seeing it from.
    It is so beautiful here, and so interesting in many ways, so alluring, that the desire to stay is very strong. I have to look for the dark side. It's well hidden. Without the media or travel one might think the world is a lovely place.
    I feel sorry about your situation.@music.

You are right. Disease, tsunami, hurricanes are all illusory. Nobody ever suffers, nobody ever dies. Earth is beautiful.
    Bro I recommend you run till your legs want to go backwards.
  • lobsterlobster Veteran
    edited April 2013
    Q: Why did the Buddha cross the road?
    A: He did not like where he was standing.

Don't like somewhere, don't go there.
    Don't like where you are - move.

Can't move? Won't move? Not done with suffering yet?
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amitābha
  • JohnGJohnG Veteran
    As long as free will exists, and we exist as human, suffering will alway's be there. There will always be people who choose to demand power, and those who choose to do nothing. All we can do is be the middle path and guide both to peace.
    lobsterericcris10sen