Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

study shows long/diverse effects of meditation

oceancaldera207oceancaldera207 Veteran
edited September 2013 in Meditation
sciencedaily.com/releases/2012/11/121112150339.htm
Had longer post deleted twice, link speaks for itself, leaving for a while, back on the winter solstice, bye all

Comments

• On the same page I found another interesting article about pain reduction through meditation (with very little training)

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2011/04/110405174835.htm
    oceancaldera207
  • Yea I saw a few links that looked good there.
    So in my original post that was deleted, I basically said that I think it's a testament to what I've always thought; different meditations do different things and not all are created equal.. and they do have a long term effect. It could be in the future of medicine that a doc prescribes a specific meditation for a 3 week period to augment meds or even as stand alone I think its so interesting that brain scans show how effective and targeted it can be!
    Ok now im outta here for sure. See u at the solstice.
  • I knew I left this thread somewhere!
    MaryAnne