Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

PTSD and C-PTSD

2»

Comments

• DakiniDakini Veteran

@JohnMac said:
    Good to hear. I have PTSD from my time in the police, I find mindfulness and living simply, openly and honestly works a treat. Quiet times and meditation are vital. All the best toy you for the future,

The public has no idea what the police go through, and the traumas they suffer in going about their jobs. I hope the people in charge make info available to the force on treatments for trauma.

redapple
  • @upekka said:

@Kaydeekay said:

@upekka said:

I think the complexity of the issue was explained in the first post and it's not relevant now because I am practicing mediation without any issue, which was the original concern - as I explained in the updated post ;).

my mistake, apologies

@federica said:

@upekka, look at the date of the original post. It was a few months ago....
    @Kaydeekay updated their position on the 21st of this month. It's the update you should refer to.

thanks, sorry

No worries :) - thanks @upekka :)

• newlotusnewlotus Australia Explorer

I have complex PTSD and have found meditation and Buddhism to be just what I needed.
    It's given my life more meaning, and a better understanding. I practice mainly on compassion meditations focussed on healing. Mainly through using imagining of Tara. I guess when something makes sense, it makes sense.

Also just to add I am in therapy also. Buddhism and meditation helps me with the everyday, or the huge waves of pain I can experience. Really it's just what I needed. Maybe everything that happened was meant to lead me here.
    And sorry, I didn't read all the posts on this stream, am a bit lazy tonight been working hard looking and comp screen all day.

redapple