Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Ahimsa Affinity

Dear friends with an affinity 4,

Well for wot? I have an affinity for trees. Today I came across a Princess/Empress street tree.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paulownia_tomentosa#Europe

Obviously not all trees in all locations, times and places, demonstrate ahimsa. Just as not all Dharmic religions are always harmless or used with compassion and wisdom.

However I feel trees are the natural embodiment of Buddha-Nature and Shakyamuni Budhha's preferred emblem …
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bodhi_Tree

Wot is your harmless affinity?

Shoshin1

Comments

• JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran
    edited April 25

I have an affinity for coffee… I love the ritual of making it in my Bialetti stove pot, I like trying different kinds, I like going to coffee shops, even Starbucks. It is great that coffee culture has had such a revival, I remember back in the 90’s it was hard to find a decent coffee and now every shop has these great espresso machines.

lobsterSteve_B
  • lobsterlobster Veteran

I think the Buddha drank whatever was available. However, tea and coffee are both 'The Buddha as drink', keeping one awake.

I am drinking decaff, maybe will splash out on Swiss method decaff (which does not use solvents to make ... We have a new coffee shop five minutes walk away ... mmm

We ran out of milk and I had a 'French press' pot of coffee ... black and also with milk powder ... Maybe time for another or maybe the macho matcha tea bag would be more harmless, to me at least ...

• JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

Wow, I never heard of the Swiss Method of treating green coffee beans to make decaf. You learn something new everyday, although I think this is real “coffee nerd” knowledge, haha 😂

lobster
  • JeffreyJeffrey Veteran

I would say I am kinder to other sentient beings once I've had my morning coffee!

howlobster
  • Shoshin1Shoshin1 Veteran

Wot is your harmless affinity?

lobster