Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Writing autobiographical pieces

JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matterNetherlands Veteran

I’ve taken on the task of writing a series of articles about my youth in the communes and spiritual journey in later life, and I have to admit some very interesting stuff is coming up.

I was reminiscing about going about dressed in orange as a kid, and the schoolyard scrapes I got into as a result. There were a few fights, and later in life I realise that there still is the impulse to fight people with fists when a conflict goes off the rails.

These things from early childhood have deep roots!

lobster

Comments

• lobsterlobster Crusty Veteran

Indeed.

I have claws, fists, grappling and kick in the Nazi areas, skills from my youngling days.

Have you considered dressing as a citrus fruit, to develop immunity to being called a freak? :mrgreen:

Here to help.

Jeroen
  • JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

Luckily I was always a sturdily built lad, and not small, so I did alright in the scrapes I got into.

• Shoshin1Shoshin1 Sentient Being Oceania Veteran

Writing autobiographical pieces

Mine "I came, I saw, I'm Bonkers" short and sweet ;);)

lobster

@Jeroen @Shoshin1
    I have a blog site, which you and others I know here, are free to admin and join.

Bit of a mess as I learn to use it (too much of an intro) Long time since I have used a blog AND don't think I used Wordpress previously ...

Scroll right down, down past ollie octopus to
    Watch, Read, Listen
    https://mettaray.com/blog/

Yep that is me gibbering to start with. Still playing around and trying to Journal, blog, etc.

I only need the Watch, Read, Listen section or similar
    Will try and improve the interface as I go along.

• JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

@lobster said:
    Have you considered dressing as a citrus fruit, to develop immunity to being called a freak? :mrgreen:

I always let them throw the first punch and never fought dirty.

@Jeroen Clearly you have never fought a Nazi. Come to think of it my Tai Chi Chuan would be equally ineffective against a sucker/sukha punch from a dirty Nazi.

I'll stick to getting beaten up by my computer.

meanwhile... I have simplified my Blog Page. I have stripped it to the vipassana/Zen bone.

However it will take 4 hours for the site to update (at least) from what I can gather. But am much happier with its minimalist style. The content (mine) is usual incoherence.

So others still welcome...

Where is that mouthy moderator @federica when you needs her? :mrgreen:

OM YA HA HUM
    as we Bodhi chant at the dirty dancers...