Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Two new staff members join NewBuddhist.com

BrianBrian Detroit, MI Moderator
edited September 2005 in NewBuddhist.com
Two new staff members join NewBuddhist.com

Everyone please join me in welcoming Federica and Buddhafoot to the staff of newbuddhist.com!

Federica will be helping me out in the forums, as a new supermoderator. This means she is now the PO-LICE on our site. If you step out of line, you might be staring down the wrong end of a billyclub! So if you receive a pleasant (or even not-so-pleasant) private message from ms. federica regarding some wayward behaviour on the site, you should start quaking in your boots!

Buddhafoot will be joining me as a front page content author! This means we can expect exciting and new commentary and content on the front page a lot more often than lazy old me currently provides.

Welcome aboard you guys!

Comments

• JasonJason God Emperor Arrakis Moderator
    edited September 2005
    Congradulations you two.

*whispers* What did you have to bribe him with?

It was Pad Thai wasn't it?

:)

Jason
  • BrianBrian Detroit, MI Moderator
    edited September 2005
    I'm still looking for more front page editors! :p
  • JasonJason God Emperor Arrakis Moderator
    edited September 2005
    What are front page editors for?

You know, I never even go to the front page. My book mark takes me straight to the forums. Ha!
    edited September 2005
    That's probably one of the problems! :p

www.newbuddhist.com

then I posted a "job opening" here.
  • edited September 2005
    Congrats Fed and BF!!
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited September 2005
    Elohim wrote:
    Congradulations you two.

It was Pad Thai wasn't?

Jason

Whatever 'Pad Thai' is, it wasn't enough....!! Boy, is he a tough guy to bargain with! Who said Buddhists are softies - ?!?

Thanks you guys.... be gentle with me tho', OK? ;)
  • SimonthepilgrimSimonthepilgrim Veteran
    edited September 2005
    My deepest commiserations with both of you, Fede and BF!

Fede: just think how well-behaved you're going to have to be. Who would want to be a good example? [Can't see it, myself LOL]
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited September 2005
    Simon, I have thoroughly perused my six-hundred and fifteen A4 double-sided contract, and I can't find a thing anywhere about setting a good example.

Not even in Clause 56, Section 5 sub-section (b).
    Not sure about the acid-green pyrspex see-thru' '70's platforms though....
  • buddhafootbuddhafoot Veteran
    edited September 2005
    Elohim wrote:
    Congradulations you two.

It was Pad Thai wasn't it?

Jason

I don't wanna talk about... I'm still too upset....

I feel so dirty...

-bf
    edited September 2005
    :rolleyes: .....Oh boy.... Mother told me there'd be days like this....! :p
    edited September 2005
    federica wrote:
    Not sure about the acid-green pyrspex see-thru' '70's platforms though....

:eek2: how did you know I was a "shoe" guy? :rockon:
    edited September 2005
    Clause 129, Section 7 sub-section (k). I quote:

"The wearing of acid-green pyrspex see-thru' platforms is mandatory for all those who have the stupidity to call themselves 'Village Idiot'. "

See? I DO read the small print....!! :crazy: :lol:
  • edited September 2005
    Congratulations to Federica and BuddhaFoot!

Adiana :type: :mullet: :p
    edited September 2005
    Fede: just think how well-behaved you're going to have to be. Who would want to be a good example? [Can't see it, myself LOL]

This reminds me of a wonderful motto I found in a Christmas Cracker one Christmas, which I kept for ages, memorised for ever and try to live by daily:

"Setting a good example to Children takes all the fun out of Middle Age."

I think all in all I do pretty well....*smug, smug, polish nails!!* :lol:
  • SabineSabine Veteran
    edited September 2005
    That's great!!! Good job on the promote, guys! :bowdown: :mullet: