Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Gents Country club. A place where men can talk about mens S**T

Comments

• edited January 2006
    Brigid wrote:
    Knitwitch and I only dance skyclad for ....um...ten thousand pounds...each.........I'll have my people call your people.

Being independantly wealthy* I'm sure I can come up with the cash!
    I shall expect a call from your agent.

* I wish!
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited January 2006
    Frizzer wrote:
    Being independantly wealthy, I'm sure I can come up with the cash!/QUOTE]

And as we all know, we're all actually INTER-Dependent...
    so share, Frizzer, share!! :lol:
  • edited January 2006
    Nevermind about the pole dancing. As club manager I have just to day installed a mud pit.

Oh ye..."Lets get down and dirty".

$$$$$ plus some.HH
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited January 2006
    By the way, I am still outside in St. James' Square....:eekblue:
  • edited January 2006
    Oh dear, didn't you get my invite on page 9?

Be careful not to fall into HH's mudpit!
  • JerbearJerbear Veteran
    edited January 2006
    Are we going to get back to talking or just leering at women? First of all, lust is unskillful. Second, it defeats the purpose of the title of this group. I should go over to the ladies group. No I will not strip or pole dance as I know that women have weaker stomachs then men. Also, that would not be Right Diligence, Right Mindfulness nor Right Concentration. Yes, I'm a stick in the mud.
    edited January 2006
    Talk about a voice crying in the wilderness...!:bigclap:
    Jerbear, you are always welcome in our Buddha-Babes chit-chat corner!
    We would never ask you to do something we wouldn't be prepared to do ourselves - or with our mothers present - !!
  • edited January 2006
    Ok anyone for some mother in law jokes...?
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited January 2006
    Being independantly wealthy* I'm sure I can come up with the cash!
    I shall expect a call from your agent.

* I wish!

(OH, NO! He called my bluff!)

O.K. Time to take my leave. I'm going to hang out in the Buddha Babes corner with Jerbear .
  • edited January 2006
    (Arrival of telegram by raven to the Club) Sorry not able to accept booking STOP Earlier engagement in Bangkok prevents STOP Could manage fully clothed slapping contest in custard next week if agreeable STOP Knitwitch
    edited January 2006
    "STOP knitwitch".... Now that's timely advice - !! :lol:
  • edited January 2006
    Well you're the nearest sweetie -
  • edited January 2006
    Well, there'll always be a pole here for you ladies!
    (That sounded a bit double entendre-ish, I do apologise!)

Back to chaps subjects....
    Drink. I don't drink much but I do enjoy a good single malt. Anyone else a whisky drinker?
    Currently I have a lovely bottle of Bunnahaibhan on the go and it's perfect for these cold evenings!
    edited January 2006
    Frizzer wrote:
    Currently I have a lovely bottle of Bunnahaibhan on the go and it's perfect for these cold evenings!

Knowing the Scots, that's probably pronounced 'Bunintheovin'
  • edited January 2006
    Ok anyone for some mother in law jokes...?

Go on Fede - dare you! :tongue2: :tongue2: :tongue2:
  • edited January 2006
    Blimey, that's exactly what I call it!
    It's pronounced "Boonerhavvern" but I refer to it as "bun in the oven"

Great minds think alike and all that. Mind you, have to be careful what I say about "thought", I may inadvertently start a debate !! :hair:
    edited January 2006
    My husband was driving down the road and was pulled over by a policeman. Walking up to the car, the policeman said, "Your female passenger fell out of the car five miles back." My husband replied, "Thank God for that, I thought I'd gone deaf!"
  • edited January 2006
    :lol: :thumbsup:
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited January 2006
    Knitwitch wrote:
    (Arrival of telegram by raven to the Club) Sorry not able to accept booking STOP Earlier engagement in Bangkok prevents STOP Could manage fully clothed slapping contest in custard next week if agreeable STOP Knitwitch

OTFLMAO!!!!

Frizzer,
    I used to be a single malt drinker! LMAO about 'Bunintheovin'. I liked Cardhu, Glenmorangie (SP?), and that other one that really tasted peaty...Lagavulin? Laphroig?( My ancestors would be appalled at my spelling, I think.) I also took it with 1 ice cube, no water, to the consternation of all my snobby friends. My favourite order was a pint of bitter and a double Cardhu with 1 ice cube.

"My husband was driving down the road and was pulled over by a policeman. Walking up to the car, the policeman said, "Your female passenger fell out of the car five miles back." My husband replied, "Thank God for that, I thought I'd gone deaf!""

LMAO again!

God, it's fun in here!

Brigid
  • edited January 2006
    Lagavulin is another favourite!
    I just have it neat most of the time but occasionally a dash of water (or ice cube) can really help bring out the flavours.
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited January 2006
    I find the 1 cube slowly melting really does bring out the flavour. I don't like it with water 'cuz the tap water in most major North American cities tastes awful but commercial ice cubes are made out of spring water. If I were back in the UK I'd probably take it with water if no ice was available. This is the most inane thing I have ever written on this site. I'll stop now. ("This one time....in band camp....").
  • edited January 2006
    Inane is good, which is exactly why we have this thread !

It's like an oasis of inanity amidst the desert of dharmic debate !
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited January 2006
    oohh! Nice alliteration, Frizz.
  • edited January 2006
    federica wrote:
    My husband was driving down the road and was pulled over by a policeman. Walking up to the car, the policeman said, "Your female passenger fell out of the car five miles back." My husband replied, "Thank God for that, I thought I'd gone deaf!"

Harharhaharahraraha - I thought you were going to say "The only photo we have of Knitwitch with her mouth closed, was taken with a high speed camera!"
  • SimonthepilgrimSimonthepilgrim Veteran
    edited January 2006
    When I still, very occasionally, drink spirits, my choice is Highland Park which has the most delicate after-taste I have come across in decades of following my father's piece of advice before I went up to Oxford: "Stick to malt whisky or good champagne. Never mix them and you'll always be fine in the morning."

If the olive was the gift of Pallas Athene to humanity, malt was, surely, a divine gift, too.
  • edited January 2006
    I'm glad I'm not the only one that enjoys a wee dram then !
  • edited January 2006
    Brigid wrote:
    oohh! Nice alliteration, Frizz.

Cheers Brig, I'm so pleased with it I've just added it to my signature !!
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited January 2006
    Highland Park was another one of my favourites, Simon. That's a real beauty, that one.
    You know, I really got into the single malts when I started going to whisky (I STILL can't remember the "e" rule.) tastings (or nosings). It was very mindful drinking. We'd have an expert from one of the distilleries come and do a talk and we'd learn all about the art of creating a good scotch. Then we'd taste 5 scotches (not a full measure each), talk about them and eat really good food. It was great. Not mindless drinking at all. The master distillers would be on a North American tour to promote their brand, so we didn't actually fly them in from Scotland! LOL. Ah, those were the days. I also used to love a good cigar. Nobody ever looked twice at me. That was pretty nice. In Canada Cuban cigars aren't banned.

Frizz, You're welcome. I LOVE alitteration!
  • edited January 2006
    Ah Cuban Cigars!
    I've got a small humidor with a few choice ones maturing quite nicely!
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited January 2006
    OOHHH! Nice! I'll be right over with a bottle of Lagavulin! LOL!
  • edited January 2006
    I'll get the ice out the freezer !

beerchug.gif

Cheers!
  • edited January 2006
    Frizzer,
    you are George Galloway by any chance ?
  • edited January 2006
    Ha ha ha !!! No, I can definately say I'm not George Galloway!
    Shame he got evicted last night, they should have got rid of the monkey coat wearing, trout pouting fool Burns instead.
  • JerbearJerbear Veteran
    edited January 2006
    I know I'm a trashy American. So bear with me. I wasn't much of a scotch drinker, cept for Black Velvet. I loved whiskey. Jack Daniels and Jim Beam were close personal friends of mine. But since I have an allergic reaction to drinking, I had to stop. When I drink, I break out into a rash of being a ---!

Today, peppermint or Constant Comment teas are nice as is Earl Grey. Diet Mountain Dew or Diet Dr. Pepper are nice also.
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited January 2006
    "Ha ha ha !!! No, I can definately say I'm not George Galloway!
    Shame he got evicted last night, they should have got rid of the monkey coat wearing, trout pouting fool Burns instead."

You guys talking about "Big Brother"? (I don't receive that show)
    What's a monkey coat?
    What's trout pouting?

Jerry, I don't know this for sure but I don't think we have Dr. Pepper in Canada anymore. Or maybe just my province. Or maybe I'm just talking out of my...ooops! (Jeez! Five minutes hangin' with the boys and I'm talking like a sailor. Too comfy, I guess.)
  • edited January 2006
    Reading the last couple of pages, this thread sounds like a true Gentleman's Club, i.e. drinking club. So cheers, everyone! champagne9li.gifdrinkers9tc.gif
    drunk23vu.gifdrunk39ix.gif
    shooterz9cj.gif

pinkelefants5tm.gifpinkelefants5tm.gif And yes, some of you are seeing pink elephants. :lol:
  • ajani_mgoajani_mgo Veteran
    edited January 2006
    Mind where you tip your shots you drunkards... There are minors in here... I'm more of a cocktail lover... Bourbon Coke and Screwdriver!
  • edited January 2006
    Brigid wrote:
    You guys talking about "Big Brother"? (I don't receive that show)
    What's a monkey coat?
    What's trout pouting?

Yep, it is Big Brother. I haven't been watching it but it's all over the media here so you just can't escape.

Pete Burns (from semi-popular 80's beat combo Dead Or Alive) was wearing a fur coat which he said was made from gorilla fur. It since turned out that it wasn't gorilla but some other monkey. He's also had collagen implants in his lips. When these go wrong you end up with what is referred to as a "trout pout", ie. huge pouting lips like those on a fish!!

Here's Pete !
    pete_burns_129x123.jpg
    edited January 2006
    "Some are born Great;
    Soma achieve Greatness;
    Some have Greatness thrust upon them."

In this case, for 'Great', read 'Gross'...!
  • edited January 2006
    federica wrote:
    "Some are born Great;
    Soma achieve Greatness;
    Some have Greatness thrust upon them."

In this case, for 'Great', read 'Gross'...!

I know! What was he thinking choosing that shade of lipstick ?!!:tonguec:
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited January 2006
    Oh, now I get it!
    Yes, I just saw a recent pic of Pete Burns. So very sad. The monkey coat is just barbaric. Especially as a publicity stunt.
  • JerbearJerbear Veteran
    edited January 2006
    Frizzer,
    I saw him on some 80's show and he looked horrible. I wanted him to eat a sandwich. He looked ill to me. But he is definitely unique.
  • edited February 2006
    Brigid,
    Can I ask you about your pic. It looks very professional.

Respect.

HH
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited February 2006
    Sure, HH.

My friend took the picture when we were all out one night and we all went back to his place. He's a photographer by trade and felt like taking a bunch of photos of his friends. He works mostly in black and white and gave me the print of this photo as a gift. I sent it to my folks who I thought might like it. My mother framed it after she put it on her computer as WALLPAPER! LOL! Don't you just love doting parents? This was before my accident when I became disabled but I don't look that much different now. It was only taken 3 years ago.

Brigid
  • XraymanXrayman Veteran
    edited February 2006
    Just a personal note,

I think the subject is more professional than the picture-frame that contains it...

regards.

:winkc:
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited February 2006
    AWWWWW, Xrayman, that's the sweetest thing. What a lovely thing to say! Thank you, I needed it tonight (pain). (Blushing)
  • edited February 2006
    Bridig,
    I agree it's a great photo. I'm sure your mum has every right to be proud of it. Black and White always looks so sharp and classy.

I think you have to be brave or stupid to put a picture of ones self on this forum but in your case you have carried it off. Well done girl.

Isn't Xrayman a bit of a smoothy. He obviously got away with the Ladies. I bet he's even got a moustache like Magnum PI.:winkc:

HH
  • edited February 2006
    I think I look rather good in black and white as well ! :)
  • edited February 2006
    Frizzer wrote:
    I think I look rather good in black and white as well ! :)

Nice Jolly Jumper!
  • XraymanXrayman Veteran
    edited February 2006
    Hi everybody,

Xrayman does not have a way with the ladies.
    He does not have a moustache like magnum PI.
    He does not post his picture on his posts-a global sickness throughout the e-buddhist community will ensue.

and he would appreciate an invitation to Niagara falls, next time he's in the USA/Canada -hint hint, Brigid.

Frizzer-baby photos don't cut it, no matter how cute they are. hahaha

love you all.