Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Say "fuck it"

124»

Comments

• NotAGangsta was banned for continued use of language deemed "inappropriate"
    by moderators who are now advocating the usage of inappropriate language in the name of Buddhism and telling everyone to lighten up about this issue.
    The double standard here is disheartening, to say the least.
    There is a difference between a word like "fuck" and the particular language NotAGangsta was using. If this supposed "double standard" bothers you that much you know where the door is. Not to be rude, but it's Brian and Lincoln's site and what they say goes. That's not going to change, so the only option is to accept that or leave.

And be honest, are you really bothered by NotAGansta's banning or are you just trying to use that as a "weapon" in your argument?
  • LincLinc Site owner Detroit Moderator
    edited October 2011
    Considering the fact that NotAGangsta was
    It is my perception that NotAGangsta was
    rudely and mercilessly censored at every turn
    repeatedly, patiently reminded to speak in at least half-legible English
    and banned over the issue of his use of inner-city urban-American jive dialect because it was not proper English
    and banned because he used a racial slur after said reminders had already annoyed every person running this site
    the double standard and hypocrisy evidenced here is both obvious and extremely disheartening.
    and in closing I don't understand what hypocrisy means.

Fixed that for you.

Now move on.
  • vinlynvinlyn Colorado...for now Veteran
    See.

We all understand and accept that Brian sets the standards here. It's his site. He has a right to make it what he wants it to be. He has my blessing to do so.

But does it seem right that those of us who differ in language standards should have to shut up or get out?
    But does it seem right that those of us who differ in language standards should have to shut up or get out?
    You could probably stop clicking on a discussion with 'Fuck' in the title.
  • vinlynvinlyn Colorado...for now Veteran
    You could probably stop clicking on a discussion with 'Fuck' in the title.
    That's fair.

• auraaura Veteran
    and in closing I don't understand what hypocrisy means.
    Fixed that for you.
    Now move on.
    Thank you for your explanation and your time.
    I'll be glad to.
  • MindGateMindGate United States Veteran
    This thread is hilarious. My God. :lol: I keep laughing my ass off. I'm so glad it was made.
  • *sigh*
    *sigh*
    Me too, man. Me too.
  • *sigh*
    Me too, man. Me too.
    Meeee threeee......wow. :|

• MindGateMindGate United States Veteran
    What exactly are these sighs reflective of?
  • Dukkha
  • What exactly are these sighs reflective of?
    They are reflective of a silent whisper that sighs........fuuuuuck i-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-t.
  • Just turn your mind off relax and float downstream!
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    This thread is hilarious. My God. :lol: I keep laughing my ass off. I'm so glad it was made.
    Don't say 'ass'. That's just rude......

:p