Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Ram Dass interviews Thich Nhat Hanh

JeffreyJeffrey Veteran
edited December 2011 in Arts & Writings

JamieG

Comments

• DaltheJigsawDaltheJigsaw Mountain View Veteran
    Thank you Jeffrey~!
  • Thanks shanyin!
  • NirvanaNirvana aka BUBBA   `     `   South Carolina, USA Veteran
    edited December 2011
    WOW! Thanks Jeffrey and Shanyin!

Ram Dass's recovery is amazing. My 2001 recording of him in FIERCE GRACE reveals a severely compromised ability to communicate efficiently with others and a much diminished confidence. I see that this video is from October 2009. I'd sure like to hear more about this remarkable American Vedantist's current health state. I believe he resides in Hawaii.
  • shanyinshanyin Novice Yogin Sault Ontario Veteran
    actually i think this video is much earlier than 2001
  • Ram Dass is one of my favorites
  • BhikkhuJayasaraBhikkhuJayasara Bhikkhu Veteran
    who is Ram Dass?
  • Jayantha said:

who is Ram Dass?

Short version:

Ram Dass was a Harvard professor back in the 60's before he got fired for experimenting with LSD. He ends up in India and met his guru Maharaji, since then he's been a spiritual teacher. It's a wonderful story and he's a lovely human being.
  • BhikkhuJayasaraBhikkhuJayasara Bhikkhu Veteran
    ThaiLotus said:

Jayantha said:

who is Ram Dass?

Short version:

Ram Dass was a Harvard professor back in the 60's before he got fired for experimenting with LSD. He ends up in India and met his guru Maharaji, since then he's been a spiritual teacher. It's a wonderful story and he's a lovely human being.
    ooh a hippie type guy from the 60s, got ya... being 34 it's no wonder I don't know him :) thank you for responding to my question.
  • :bowdown:
  • Here's his story
  • Ram Dass' book "Be Here Now..." literally and profoundly changed my life when I read it the first time (around 1972-3). I've read it twice since then and I still find pure wisdom and joy in his words.
  • I'm getting it for Xmas. I've always been a great fan of Watts so when I recently came across Dass, well, he blew me away really.
  • DairyLamaDairyLama Veteran Veteran
    MaryAnne said:

Ram Dass' book "Be Here Now..." literally and profoundly changed my life when I read it the first time (around 1972-3).

It was that book which originally got me curious about Buddhism.

MaryAnne
  • My psychologist/therapist finds a lot of examples of things Ram Dass said that I found helpful to understand life. We talk a lot about spirituality and Buddhism. I will be very sad when he retires (my therapist) as he is a great man.
    MaryAnne