Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Yoga?

edited December 2011 in Diet & Habits
I'm sorry if this is in the wrong category. I debated between here and "Meditation." Anyway, I was wondering if anyone here studies yoga?

Comments

• DaltheJigsawDaltheJigsaw Mountain View Veteran
    I do. Kriya Yoga and Power Yoga.
  • I would like to, but I am not lazy to actually look into it and make myself do it, similar to meditation actually. It sounds like a productive activity with a lot of benefit.
  • I would like to get into it too. I bought a book that has great pictures and explanations of poses, but it doesn't tell me how to put them together - which one first, second, and so on. I think it could be beneficial if I could figure it out. NO money to take a class lol
  • VastmindVastmind Memphis, TN Veteran
    Started out with a "cookie-cutter" yoga DVD set....I was hooked...upgraded from there...websites, etc. Find the tool that suits your needs, and the practice flows. Just my lay experience
  • ThailandTomThailandTom Veteran
    edited December 2011
    Or, just click on youtube, I bet there are hundreds of yoga video tutorials on there.

This took 30 seconds to find so it may not be the best but still...

Started out with a "cookie-cutter" yoga DVD set....I was hooked...upgraded from there...websites, etc. Find the tool that suits your needs, and the practice flows. Just my lay experience
    How often do you practice? How many hours? When do you practice? Hopefully not to personal!:)
    Or, just click on youtube, I bet there are hundreds of yoga video tutorials on there.

This took 30 seconds to find so it may not be the best but still...

I followed her a few times! She is great. Youtube is definitely great! Also Video.Google.com An archive of other videos from other sites!

• VastmindVastmind Memphis, TN Veteran
    Practice techniques are never too personal to ask. Sharing embodies what Buddha stood for. I do an AM--15 mins before leaving 4 work, and a PM after taking care of my "suburban" family--usually 30-45 mins. All during the week. I rest on week-ends.
  • I do...
  • Another decent resource is http://www.yogadownload.com. They have 20 minute sessions for free ( go to Classes then podcasts). The neat thing about their classes is that you can download PDF files that show you the poses as they move through the flows. They also rate them in terms of difficulty and experience. Very useful for starting out.
  • I like yoga, once or twice a week. Thanks for the link Frosty!
  • KundoKundo Sydney, Australia Veteran
    I do the opening of the heart chakra yoga movement each morning and night. I also want to start doing yoga regularly.

In metta,
    Raven (another one)