Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Ask a NewBuddhist member a question! :)

edited January 2012 in General Banter
I know, this is slightly silly, but I've wanted to post something like this for a while.

It's the Ask a NewBuddhist Member a Question Thread!

Ever wanted to ask another member a silly, random question? Maybe a slightly serious one? Well, go ahead! It's simple, ask someone a question, but nothing rude like "why are you a turd?". That takes all the fun out of it, and turns it into a petty argument, which is not the point of this thread.

I'll start as an example.

frederica: If you could be a goat or a llama, which one would you be?

Jeffrey: What's your favorite type of candy?

Of course the questions don't have to be that silly, but you catch my drift.

Comments

• @ittybittybat: How many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie-pop?
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    A Llama....not everyone knows how to spell it, and then I'd be sure of reincarnating....
  • @ittybittybat: kit kat

@person: if you follow a sports team, what are they? If not what sport do you think looks like fun?
  • @SpinyNorman: what is your favorite coffee such as Sumatra? Alternatively what is your favorite warm beverage?
  • personperson Don't believe everything you think The liminal space Veteran
    Hi @Jeffrey Thanks, I follow the MN Vikings. I've occasionally followed some of the other local teams but its pro football that has kept my interest even in the bad years.
  • personperson Don't believe everything you think The liminal space Veteran
    @Jeffrey Do you remember that college game about 10 years or so ago between Michigan and the Gophers where MN ran all over MI for the first 3 quarters, like 10 yds a pop. Then in the 4th quarter you guys came back to win and we couldn't stop the screen pass at all?
  • @person, nah I had a hiatus from watching U of M(s) football. I am back though. Minnesota had a bad game against umich, but they showed a lot of character in the latter half of the season, I think I saw them get a win over Iowa (who beat michigan).

Michigan has had some amazing last minute comebacks though over the years.
  • @Bekenze: Oh God I'm bad at math! Uhhh...three? Three. Yeah. Sounds about right.

@Jeffrey: UofM football is banned in my house because my parents of Michigan State alumnis...
  • @ittybittybat, ha, I root for state in their games. I don't understand rooting against your own state teams :eek2:
  • question for everyone.

what is your favorite beer and pizza? be as detailed as you possible can be.
  • I like Little Caesars, with bell pepper and peperoni, and of course Samuel Adams .
  • @taiyaki,

Kaliber Non-alcoholic made by guiness. Ok NA beers lose a lot. But Kaliber has a caramel complexity a certain sour taste typical of NA beer. The flavor also drags into a roast at the end. There is no aroma as NA beers lose hops aroma.

Pizza - Jalapeno (hot), pineapple (sweet), bacon (salty), onion (sweet)... On a hand tossed crust non-greasy and salty crust.
  • i'm going to have pizza now. so hungry.
  • GuiGui Veteran
    Dogfish Head 60 IPA and NY style with anchovies, onions and black olives
  • @everyone, has anyone climbed a tree in the past 5 years? Even up a few branches?
  • ZeroZero Veteran
    @everyone, has anyone climbed a tree in the past 5 years? Even up a few branches?
    Yep - I climbed a few trees last summer... all the way to the top (which is a lot less of to the top than I could manage when I was *ahem* a little lighter)... one time, I was up there when a group of school children and their teacher came by - they stopped close to the tree looking around while aspects of nature were explained to them... I was mortified up there not knowing whether I should declare my presence or what and I was stuck in this precarious spot between two branches and cuoldnt move for fear of alerting them to my presence... luckily they moved on and nonone noticed... fully grown man up a tree in the middle of the freakin day!!

I like sitting up trees and letting go and just balancing on a branch... the calm in between the anxiety is an interesting experience...
  • One of the things I miss is pork and alcohol (I'm Muslim)

But I make my own pizza dough at home...Turkey pepperoni, bell peppers,jalapenos, mushrooms, black olives, mozzarella and parmesan cheese ...

And lime flavored Perrier as substitute
  • @zero I read in my husbands Akido book that people are not very perseptive when it comes to looking up...especially dangerous if it is an attacker.

Although I doubt you were going to pounce on the poor unsuspected people.
  • My deodorant is made from beerhops...does that count..
  • ZeroZero Veteran
    @zero I read in my husbands Akido book that people are not very perseptive when it comes to looking up...especially dangerous if it is an attacker.

Although I doubt you were going to pounce on the poor unsuspected people.
    I've heard that too... recently I have become interested in UFOs as someone I know has seen one up close... its easy to ignore stuff when its just on the 'internet' but this is someone I know.... slightly stumped - the link is on youtube if youre interested but I dont want to threadjack here... and many researchers say the same... we dont look up enough...

Plays havoc with my driving but I am trying to look up more often... will let you know if I see anything alarming... so far mostly clouds and birds.
  • " I like sitting up trees and letting go and just balancing on a branch... the calm in between the anxiety is an interesting experience..."

@zero...don't You mean mean moments of calmness marked by moments of sheer terror.

At an arboretum near my house they had a felled tree over marshes. It was very old and I use to run across it while my husband would bounce on one end...thankfully never fell into the Marsh but now they removed it...kinda sucks.
  • @zero..u can send me the link.
  • zombiegirlzombiegirl beating the drum of the lifeless in a dry wasteland Veteran
    @taiyaki My current favorite beer is Affligem Blond, which is a Belgian ale with a nice complex flavor almost more akin to a pale ale. :)
    Pizza... still love a good hummus veggie pizza, but if we're talking typical cheese and sauce types... I love spinach and feta or just plain pineapple.

@Jeffrey I climbed some trees with my little cousins just last summer. Its amazing to me that as a child, I was so unafraid of bugs or spiders or raccoon poop and whatnot, but since I've grown up... I'm just a huge baby, lol. Even the thought of jumping in a pile of leaves just makes my skin crawl thinking about the spiders...

@Lady_Allison my deodorant is made from beer hops as well! It made me laugh because in the ingredients is: "Humulus Lupulus" and I remembered that a MI microbrewery named Shorts has a beer called Huma-lupa-licious. I had a, "Ahh, I get it now." moment.

@EVERYONE What do you like the best about the winter?
  • Diamond snow. Crunch noise. The stillness.
  • ah zombiegirl good climbing story. Shorts makes some really well done novelty beers with interesting ingredients. I used to like them.
  • @taiyaki
    Samual Adams Cherry Wheat ale!!! YUMMMM! and anything with a lot of hops. We have a local brewery that makes a beer called Kamodo Dragon, and it is a double hop IPA. Great beer but not for the weak at heart. You have got to have a taste for it.
    I like any pizza that does not have meat on it. I dont eat meat. But I love all the veggies!
    @zombiegirl
    The thin air. I dont know why but on a calm cold night I love the feeling of the cold, crisp, thin air as it penetrates my lungs. almost makes you cough. I love how clear the sky is too. on a cloudless night the atmosphere is a lot calmer in the winter. It makes star gazing that much more amazing.
  • edited January 2012
    @EVERYONE
    What takes your breath away?
    Me? A beautiful sunset as it just starts to pass below the horizon. I catch myself holding my breath until it finally sinks out of sight.
  • Diamond snow. Crunch noise. The stillness.
    I thought I was the only one that liked that.

I like the painful gulps of air.
  • @tbunton...a really goodmusical piece...crescendos...arias...hell...even Metallica.
  • I swear to Mohammed, you guys are gonna drive me to drink beer.

Lol...wait, sufis drink occasionally.

Brb
  • VastmindVastmind Memphis, TN Veteran
    question for everyone.

what is your favorite beer and pizza? be as detailed as you possible can be.
    Beer (root)
    Pizza.Hutt....veggie on thin crust or pinapple and tomato on thin crust. With salad...ranch dressing. (Maybe two hot wings on the side)

• Pizza hut buffet. Drooooolllllll
  • @EVERYONE
    What takes your breath away?
    Me? A beautiful sunset as it just starts to pass below the horizon. I catch myself holding my breath until it finally sinks out of sight.
    Naked women.
  • Beer- not old enough in the US but...Corona

Pizza- there is no pizza like Chicago pizza, deep dish to be specific.
  • @taiyaki I literally spit my milk out the nose...lmfao for real.

Maybe it was because a koala said it.

So is it bewbs or ass or legs?
  • Why does a piece of wood turn into jade or fossilize and why do some just turn into soil?
    question for everyone:
    chopsticks or fork?
    does your tea vessel have a handle?

• NomaDBuddhaNomaDBuddha Scalpel wielder :) Bucharest Veteran
    @Vastminds

Both. + hands whenever necessary.
  • fork :o
    kettle and teapot have handles yes :)
  • @vastminds a shovel and a trough

:lol:
    @Vastminds

Both. + hands whenever necessary.
    Me too. :)
    In fact...if truth were told...I was given a nice wooden carved pair, and after salad with a fork, I have been known to whip out the nice pair. It makes my cucumber rolls taste that much better. Mindfull eating. Im always trying to sieze the moment. Haha

• @taiyaki I literally spit my milk out the nose...lmfao for real.

Maybe it was because a koala said it.

So is it bewbs or ass or legs?
    its the whole package. how females move. it is truly breath taking.
    i am in awe of women in general.
  • Do you like citrus juice or vinegar as a salsa base? I like lime.
  • Citrus
  • @everyone favorite book of all time

A little princess
  • Fork, but if I had a choice I'd eat with chopsticks.
  • Tea? I like yogi ginger atm.
  • A favorite book of all time is Ocean of Wisdom 365 teachings by Trungpa Rinpoche
  • Tea ...hard one...as long as it's hot.

Tazo brand...and yogi
  • i have dealt with this same thing. I believe to love and understand that person fully.