Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Buddha-Babes chit-chat corner!

federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky...Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
edited July 2006 in General Banter
Well, I thought it would be a good idea to just open up a new thread for us gals to come in and swop news 'n' views, bits 'n' bobs and this 'n' that, without necessarily clogging up other discussion threads! It's not exclusive to ladies, but I would venture that absolutely any comment, discussion or input would be ok here, even throwing in a new topic mid-way! :)

I've had a bummer of a week, really. Got a bit of a financial problem... I have been given a temporary (6-month) contract running our local camp-site, from April to September. You have to be working 6 months in order to then qualify for unemployment benefit, and the new owners of the camp-site took this into consideration, which is good,as they intend to shut the site end of August for refurbishment, renovations and construction of a new reception block, complete with bar/breakfast room, and loads of other things besides. Well, I am on minimum wage, and I am also "supporting" my man. He has never worked in France, only having lived here 6 months. You have to be resident for 6, and have a good command of the language to get a job. Well, nearly there on both counts, but as he's never contributed anything to 'the system' he obviously can't draw anything out of it.
We have rent to pay, fuel for both cars (and believe me, we live out in the sticks; we NEED 2 cars....) besides all the other costs of living, like food, bills, 'phone, internet (hya folks!) bank loan for purchase of said second car, etc.... well, my salary doesn't really cover it. So, I've been doing a fair bit of overtime - only to find that it's going towards funding my salary for September, as I'll still be under contract, but the camp-site will be closed. in effect, I'm working to fund 2 months, not just the one I'm working in, but also the end-of-season one! The good thing is, that I've been promised a full-time contract from next year, on a better salary, and working in partnership with Nick. but that's the carrot they're dangling, and for the present I'm up a creek without a paddle. I have no choice but to 'toe the line': the alternative is just not viable...
Still, I have a good buddy here who always told me that if ever I needed help of a financial nature, I only had to ask....he's quite flush with money, so I may have to resort to 'tapping him for a fiver' as we say in the UK - ! :p All is not lost, and life is worth living, as always.... I am sooooooo happy - How on EARTH could I be otherwise - ?!?

Love to laugh, love to love...got great neighbours, so my days are blessed...and I have you gals - and guys! c'est super bon!

Comments

• edited May 2005
    Fed,

I gotta hand it to ya; you are one funny lady! I like that, too. I have been around so many negative people that I think it will take 20 years to repair my karma! LOL! Buddha Babes---l kinda like the sound of that! Do you think the men will start their own men's thread? Hey! Maybe they could name their thread Buddha Boys or something? HEHEHE! I'm Just joking around, now. I mean no offense to anyone. :lol::lol::lol:

Adiana
  • edited May 2005
    :bigclap: Go Buddha Babes!
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited May 2005
    Now that Buddhism has firmly planted both its' feet in the 21st Century, hows about we update those Nun's robes....? If Christian Nuns can update, then surely we should be given a bit of leeway if not on colour, then certainly on styling.... Sheets are not me.... how about an off-the-shoulder top and wide, flowing baggy pants.....? ;):lol:
  • edited May 2005
    federica wrote:
    Now that Buddhism has firmly planted both its' feet in the 21st Century, hows about we update those Nun's robes....? If Christian Nuns can update, then surely we should be given a bit of leeway if not on colour, then certainly on styling.... Sheets are not me.... how about an off-the-shoulder top and wide, flowing baggy pants.....? ;):lol:

Sounds good to me, Fed! But then, I usually dress like that anyway! Especially at home. :lol::lol::D:D

Adiana :bigclap: :bigclap:
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited January 2006
    THis is after all, the 'Buddha-Babes chit-chat corner'!!
    You have been warned....!!

I never meditate during my periods...
    I am nearly 49 and they are becoming erratic... my 'heavy-flow' days change from month to month, and they last for different times... six days one month, four the next... then start up again two days later, for another day...
    Instead, I do something I read, in a book I read once, written for women contemplating or hitting the Menopause...It's a fantastic book....
    I'll look out the accurate title and post it later....

Give yourself a break. As much as possible.
    From routine, from habit, from dieting, from rigid time-structure, just take it easy.
    During these days, your body is transforming. It's using energy and vital substances to move you on....
    take it easy, have lots of cups of green tea, the occasional cup of sage tea, and leap into the chocolate box. Do what you want, as far as you are able.
    Put a note on the fridge, or the family notice board:

"For the next <insert number> of days, I am going to be virtually useless to anybody. Do what you want, because I'm sure going to. Don't bother me. I don't know where your keys/football kit/socks/homework/briefcase/mobile phone is, and I don't care. I didn't use them last.
    If you want something washed, you know where the machine is.
    If you want something to eat, do what I do.
    Go make it, and clear up afterwards.
    back to normal on <whatever>day morning...
    Love, Mum "

Then release the guilt and take a break!!
  • ajani_mgoajani_mgo Veteran
    edited January 2006
    Damm! I thought it was a match-making thread! LOL.
    edited January 2006
    GO away!! You're just a boy!! :lol:
  • edited January 2006
    Federica, if you would be entitled to unemployment benefit in the UK, you can have it transferred to you in France.
    edited January 2006
    I'm not... I haven't lived there for six years, and was a housewife superstar (or 'Home-maker' as the say, States-side!) so that's a pup....
    I never drew unemployment benefit there. So I think there's little chance of me being able to go down that road....

I'm very much like Mr. Micawber though... Something is bound to turn up.:thumbsup:
  • edited January 2006
    I hope so.
    edited January 2006
    It can't get any worse....!

(she said, hiding under the table.....)
  • SabineSabine Veteran
    edited January 2006
    Haha, Buddha Babes.

So...where's the brownies?!?! :lol:

And Fede, I actually look forward to menopause - my "time" hurts soooo badly. I don't plan on having children, so my reproductive system is basically useless. However, I don't want to have any major surgery to disconnect anything because my hormones would be nuts :crazy: Darn. 30 more years till freedom :hrm:
    edited January 2006
    Sabine... After your next period, try cutting all cheese out of your diet, and reduce milk intake for the month.
    You'll find your next period is much less painful.
  • edited January 2006
    Yep... and stay away from all those cold drinks..

Take loads and loads of rabbit food... and plenty of exercise!
  • ajani_mgoajani_mgo Veteran
    edited January 2006
    Heard from my sisters always... No watermelons...
  • edited January 2006
    Fed, I love your refrigerator note.. LOL. Right now I'm just trying to rejuvenate for the upcoming spring.
  • edited January 2006
    I have three little letters for all of you women with menstrual issues - IUD!!!!! I had a Mirena IUD inserted about 6 months ago, and it is the best thing ever. I used to have periods that were AWFUL and they came twice a month, sometimes more. Now I hardly get any, and when I do, it is very light spotting for a day or two. You should really check it out.
    edited January 2006
    Well, I've hit 49, so I'm pretty much on the way out as far as things like that are concerned... But I once had one fitted, and because I have a blood condition (undiagnosed when I had MY IUD) it very nearly killed me.... so I'll have to pass on that one! But you weren't to know.... it works for some, and not for others.... ;)
  • edited January 2006
    Oh goodness...that would have been my luck. To suggest an IUD to you, and then have it nearly kill you! Whew - I am glad you already figured that out, and I am glad you are ok! Yikes.
  • edited January 2006
    AAARRRGGGHH! :hair:
    I only wandered in here just to see what was going on.

/closes eyes; sticks fingers in ears; shouts "LA LA LA LA LA!" loudly and runs towards the door in abject terror, bouncing off a table and breaking a vase as I go.../

:hiding:
    edited January 2006
    serves you right....! :grin: :ukflag: :lol::lol:

Actually men are more than welcome, but at least I now don't have to warn you of possible content....!
  • edited January 2006
    GIRLS ONLY!!!!

That's what me and my daughter say to my husband when we are being "girly". :)
  • edited January 2006
    So, have you ladies heard that Angelina Jolie is pregnant? Good for them, but I really like Jennifer Aniston so much better! I'm not really a big fan of "Brangelina".
    edited January 2006
    ...I didn't do it!!" In case anyone starts with the flying accusations....!!
    But who did? I didn't think she was with anyone at the mo'.... Obviously, I'm wrong - !! :lol:
  • edited January 2006
    Well, you haven't heard about Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie? Gosh, you're really missing out. :rolleyesc It's the "big" news in entertainment around here these days. I was just being funny with my post.
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited January 2006
    Omigosh!!! It is the hottest news here. Not only that, but I have it on good authority that Angie's about 4-5 months along and may be carrying twins! I got this info before the announcement was made. Now I see it everywhere. I'm so on top of this. Ha Ha Ha Ha.
    But I'm feeling for Jen, too, YogaMama. I love her.
    I love the posts from the boys. They're hilarious! Keep 'em coming, fellas. They're the funniest and sweetest things.
  • edited January 2006
    Look, much as I hate to interrupt the important Brangelina chat, I do think that something with the title - 'Babes' as a separate thread/space/whatnot, should have various photos of women in bikinis somewhere therein. And the guys can reciprocate with a photo of BuddhaFoot in his most fetching dress and Frizzer in a macintosh, preferably together.
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited January 2006
    LOL LOL LOL
    edited January 2006
    BF and I have already - a long time ago - had a discussion with regard to his sartorial penchant for clothing of the opposite gender....
    I really do think he has some issues.....
    :grin:

Frizzer's knees let him down....;)
  • edited January 2006
    Yes, but he does look good in that little off the shoulder number.
  • SabineSabine Veteran
    edited January 2006
    federica wrote:
    Sabine... After your next period, try cutting all cheese out of your diet, and reduce milk intake for the month.
    You'll find your next period is much less painful.
    REALLY? That's...new. I'll definitely have to try that!
    And did you all know that Gwen Stefani is pregnant, too? (Gwen Stefani = lead singer of No Doubt - awesome band!) She should be an interesting mom :lol: If it's a little boy, she'll probably get his hair dyed red and mohawked before he's 2 :p
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited January 2006
    I'm growing my nails.
    edited January 2006
    What compost are you using....?:lol:
  • edited January 2006
    federica wrote:
    Frizzer's knees let him down....;)

I'll have you know that I've got lovely knees! :hrm:
  • buddhafootbuddhafoot Veteran
    edited January 2006
    Look, much as I hate to interrupt the important Brangelina chat, I do think that something with the title - 'Babes' as a separate thread/space/whatnot, should have various photos of women in bikinis somewhere therein. And the guys can reciprocate with a photo of BuddhaFoot in his most fetching dress and Frizzer in a macintosh, preferably together.

Oh, stop.

You're making me blush. This old thing I'm wearing? It's just something that I threw on.

-bf

tell me more, zen, and I'll rock yo world, biatch!
  • edited January 2006
    I'll come up with some good pictures of hot chicks in bikini's if BF posts a picture of him wearing that little off the shoulder number.
    edited January 2006
    YogaMama wrote:
    I'll come up with some good pictures of hot chicks in bikini's if BF posts a picture of him wearing that little off the shoulder number.

Yoda,

You're starting to un-nerve me.

Please stop asking me to wear these things. Please stop emailing and pm'ing me asking for pictures of me wearing these weird out-fits you keep coming up with. I keep telling you I'm not into ~that~ sort of thing.

Please... for the last time... I don't want to be a part of your fantasies.

Please stop.

I beg you.

-bf
  • edited January 2006
    Umm...sorry, you must have me confused with zenmonk. HE is the one that started the comments about you wearing girls clothes. That's not my thing, either. I prefer men in diapers.
    edited January 2006
    YogaMama wrote:
    ... I prefer men in diapers.

Hey! Me too!

-bf
  • edited January 2006
    Hmmm...don't think I qualify as a 'babe anymore...but I do have a rant.

It really bugs me when females following a Tibetian path are referred to as 'dakini'.
    edited January 2006
    ....Rather that than a bikini..... :thumbsup:
  • edited January 2006
    Going back to the subject of periods (I wasn't here ok?) I too am 49 and well into the menopause and my advice is progesterone. I was absolutely dead against any kind of hormone replacement until I found myself lying on the floor in a pool of blood. Mine had been getting worse and worse and I soldiered on like the good little daugher of the great mother I am and finally had to give in and go to the doctor. I was ending up in bed for two days a month.

AND progesterone is not the one that is produced from pregnant mares so no worries on the cruelty front.
  • edited January 2006
    I wasn't here either, but I'm that rare being here , post menopause!! You can and do survive it, and keep all the reproductive tackle too, but shall I go on about gravity or go completely :ot: ? yes I shall!! Buddhafoot, what is that on the cat's head??? and hey lets see you in that little number.:rocker: (pretty please)
  • JerbearJerbear Veteran
    edited January 2006
    Hey gang,
    I have no insight about menopause. But I thought I would come over here and see if you all were having an interesting conversation. You are, but I can't relate. I'll go back to the Gentleman's room now.
  • edited January 2006
    Oh stay here and pretend Jerry - just whinge about feeling tired and bloated all the time and how your figure is going to pot! No one will notice - failing that you can masquerade as my therapist.
  • JerbearJerbear Veteran
    edited January 2006
    Knit,
    The bad thing is that I'm fatigued and bloated. I'm on a number of meds since my accident and feel wiped out alot. I've decided to get off my duff and do what I can from now on. I did a load of laundry and walked a mile yesterday. That is the most physical stuff I've done on a day off in a while. I didn't stop for 12 hours at work last night, so that makes up for my laziness.
    "Knit. Tell me about your mother. You hate her, don't you?"
  • edited January 2006
    Used to. Now I just feel sorry for her but not that sorry because she's dead so at least she has some peace now ... and so do the rest of us!

And fatigue? Tell me about it Jerry! When I had my innards ripped about I wasn't allowed to move for six weeks - and then I found I COULDN'T move at all! Slowly slowly - baby steps - I had a party when I did two laps of the coffee table for a sponsored walk!
  • JerbearJerbear Veteran
    edited January 2006
    Yeah, I had a couple of metal rods and screws stuck in my spine last year. Broke a vertebrae and then it collapsed. Then found out I have multiple spinal problems in December. I'm a tad tired as I worked all night. But I'm still in a bit of pain right now and waiting for the pain meds to kick in. I also started in an investigational study of a drug used to combat an unpleasant side effect of narcotic pain killers. Let's just say that you don't use the bathroom very often. Sometimes for 5-6 days. This speeds things up. I'm kind of crampy too. But not bleeding like you ladies. I know about all the "female times" as I work mainly with females.

By the way, my mom is gone also. Waiting for the contributor of the Y chromosome to pass. I will kind of be like you. He will be out of his miserable existence. If there is reincarnation, I hope he burns off all the bad karma he built this time around fast. That way his energy might get some peace.
  • edited January 2006
    Ewwwwwww back pain! Like toothache it colours every moment of your existence, doesn't it? My sympathy. Healing vibes on their way to you big time!

I think my dad must have had an inkling - he checked into the celestial motel when I was four (well out of it!) Mother spent most of her time telling everyone she'd be better off dead, so I hope she was right.

But - let's just hope they have both started again by now and are on their way to a more contented and accepting life .... but I can't help wishing just now and again that Ma would come back as a real martyr instead of a self-made one next time around - oh bad Knitwitch, wicked wicked Knitwitch - pass me that bamboo, I'll beat myself!
    edited January 2006
    I broke a nail yesterday....:D