Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

How am i doing so far?

edited May 2012 in Meditation
So I started praying and I am able to believe that the Medicine Buddha sits inside my head. When I do this my 3rd Eye "buzzes" like mad. However the next step I have taken is to believe that we are indeed the same being. Not just my head but my entire body is one with the Medicine Buddha. I rationalize that he's positives outweigh my negatives and all that's left is sublime, however no "buzz." So where am I going wrong in this? Of course I am experiementing with all of this so any help will be appreciated.
Cheers.

Comments

• taiyakitaiyaki Veteran
    What is it that you wish to achieve?
  • What is it i'm trying to achieve? I guess its total oneness with the Medicine Buddha. As I have stated, i get a "buzz" from my third eye, when I think of us as being seperate. However when I visualize us as being totally one i get no feeling what so ever. No buzz, nothing. So I have wondered if somehow I have made a mistake? Should we be seperate, and not one? Just your thoughts would help.

Cheers.
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    You shouldn't 'be' anyone else.
    You should be you, practising what the blue Buddha represents.
    By trying to 'become' another entity you fail.
    Just as much as you would fail if you tried to be Barrack Obama or Leonardo diCaprio.
    they're not you' and you are not 'them'.

The point of your meditation is to bring the Mind home, and cultivate Metta and Karuna for other beings - in your way, as your practice.

By all means be inspired - but do it under your own steam, not in the guise of some personified quality.
  • personperson Don't believe everything you think The liminal space Veteran
    I haven't really done much diety visualization. What I have done hasn't gone beyond imagining an image in front of me or on my head or heart. From what I understand when visualizing yourself as the diety its important to have some concept of the emptiness of the diety and yourself.

I love this forum but you may want to ask this type of question over at Dharma Wheel instead, they seem to be better at these technical practice related questions.
  • Thank you very much for your words of wisdom. @person have joined Dharma Wheel so shall ask my questions there.
    Chao.
  • Invincible_summerInvincible_summer Heavy Metal Dhamma We(s)t coast, Canada Veteran
    edited May 2012

I love this forum but you may want to ask this type of question over at Dharma Wheel instead, they seem to be better at these technical practice related questions.
    Not to derail the thread, but I checked out DharmaWheel and the people on there are... quite interesting. I think I'll stay on NB. :p