Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Are babies moral? - 60 minutes video

personperson Don't believe everything you thinkThe liminal space Veteran
Can infants tell right from wrong? And if so, how would you know? Come to Yale's baby lab. Lesley Stahl reports.

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=50135408n
JeffreyVastmind

Comments

• That woman reporter looks like she is trying to look like Barbara Walters. Still watching the video. The same ad came up twice - about retirement so I am not sure.
  • I think it is not really morality but an attraction to gravitate towards people that are helpful. So they can learn?
  • Punishing the others is I agree part of the root of suffering/evil.
  • Babies are not moral when they shit on me.
    DaftChris
  • DaftChrisDaftChris Spiritually conflicted. Not of this world. Veteran
    Quite interesting. I've heard of theories that some children are "programmed" to be liars, thieves and racists. That they have the innate abilities to know and learn such things without adult influence.
  • VastmindVastmind Memphis, TN Veteran
    I plead guilty now twice in this forum of
    not only beginner's mind, but baby/blob mind. haha

I liked how he describes it as 'favoring the self'. :)
  • footiam said:

Babies are not moral when they shit on me.

Maybe, they have shitty morals.
  • cazcaz Veteran United Kingdom Veteran
    Young ones can have manifest past tendencies, You can see it from an early age.