Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

How are your New Year's resolutions holding up ?

PremaSagarPremaSagar Veteran
edited January 2013 in Buddhism Basics
My resolution was to meditate at least twenty minutes a day. The resolution hasn't held up well; the problem is procrastination. It starts with me telling myself I'll meditate thirty minutes later which leads to me then deciding on a later time. This leads to deciding to meditate the next morning which never happens. But I will try tonight. It's a little hard to keep myself from wanting to get up before my timer is finished.

Comments

• BunksBunks Australia Veteran
    Hopefully you can get to a point where it's no longer a chore and something you look forward to.
  • Only lasted ten minutes tonight. The feeling of sleepiness overtook me this time.
  • Years ago i made a resolution to 'never make a resolution again'.... Its going well!! :)
  • lobsterlobster Crusty Veteran
    My resolution was to become a Buddha in 2013. Just finished formal 'vipassana' style breath counting. Will be doing a short 2/3 day retreat soon. Checking for signs of light webbed feet and measuring tongue length shortly . . .

(24) A Buddha’s tongue is extremely long and can reach the top of his head, his ears, and his chest. This comes from his having always spoken kindly to others with words of encouragement and having treated them as gently as an animal licking its young.
    http://www.berzinarchives.com/web/en/archives/sutra/level2_lamrim/initial_scope/safe_direction/thirty_excellent_signs_major_marks_.html

:wow:
    Bunks
  • vinlynvinlyn Colorado...for now Veteran
    zenmyste said:

Years ago i made a resolution to 'never make a resolution again'.... Its going well!! :)

Me too!
    0 resolutions; 100% success!
    zenmysteMaryAnne
  • ZenBadgerZenBadger Derbyshire, UK Veteran
    My resolution was to get back into daily Lam Rim meditation sometime this year, so I have still got eleven months before this one is declared broken. So far I have been prevented from doing much meditating by Norovirus and a chest infection. Hopefully this is just a phase of purification and the rest of the year will be full of loveliness and kittens.

Well I did say hopefully...
  • BrianBrian Detroit, MI Moderator
    My resolution is to visit NewBuddhist every single day and read every single post. So far, so good :)
    MaryAnne