Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

What use are enlightened teachers?

lobsterlobster Crusty Veteran
When doing yoga, again and again we are told to relax in the posture. No matter how many times it is said, it only is digested when we are ready to hear.
Do the enlightened repeat the same message continually or facilitate the relaxation?
Do we learn from posture or is a state of being being transmitted/resonated with?

Perhaps the enlightened become apparent when we are ready to listen to more than words?
It would almost seem, 'when the student is ready, the master appears' . . .

. . . I knew I should have taken up knitting . . .
:wave:

Comments

• Straight_ManStraight_Man Gentle Man Veteran
    Does the master then appear or become apparent to the searching student? :clap:
  • lobsterlobster Crusty Veteran
    I suppose when you know what to look for, superficiality is no longer sufficient . . .
    Maybe we need to become serious about enlightenment?
  • A true enlightened being will show you the fruit and the path at the same time. They will offer you the end and also give means according to your capacity.

Finding such a being is rare and rarer is the individual who seeks such a being. How much merit and karma must we emass before we meet such being of veneration!?

If one is fortunate one meets such a being and they will show you how to see minds nature.

In regards in relaxation. In realization there is supreme relaxation. All other means are supports to the existential break through.

The sound of cars on the road. A cat stares out wishing to be free. What is this vivid world?
    CittalobsterInvincible_summer