Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Must I care about humans?

When I was young, I was idealistic and believed that everyone must be protected/respected, everyone deserved rights and freedoms, that one must protest against injustice and fight for progressive reforms, etc.

But now as an older person, I just don't feel that way. In fact, I feel humanity is not worthy of good things. Even if another Hitler were to come along, a part of me would say, "That's what humans deserve." It is like I have come to the conclusion that humans deserve only bad things and that good things are not worth fighting for. Not that I hate humans, not that I wish to actively harm them. Not at all. Whatever else I may be, I do not actively seek to hurt anyone. I just don't care, that's all.

Is this wrong? Must I feel kinship with humans just because, through the accident of birth, I am human?

Comments

• vinlynvinlyn Colorado...for now Veteran
    Okay, let's accept your premise.

But, you're human. So:

You deserve another Hitler, too.
    You are not worth of good things, either.
    You deserve only bad things, too.
    riverflowpersoncaz
  • I was going to post in this thread and then realized how silly any answer would be, so here is a face :buck:
    blu3ree
This discussion has been closed.