Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Fracking for natural gas is safe?

2»

Comments

• Steve_BSteve_B Veteran
    I'm in Windsor, in between Loveland and Greeley. Beautiful, quaint small town.
  • DaozenDaozen Veteran
    federica said:

('Fracking' sounds like one of those made-up 'swear-words' you hear on mid-budget sci-fi programmes.....)

That's because it is ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=qdVpMO6nrmg#at=27
  • blu3reeblu3ree Veteran
    with the potential for alternative energies solar, wind, wave turbines, and geothermal heating and cooling its sad to see these kinds of things going on. its such an ignorant source of energy to use.
  • karastikarasti Breathing Minnesota Moderator
    New article I ran across today about the links between fracking, energy exploration and earthquakes.
    http://www.nbcnews.com/science/fracking-energy-exploration-connected-earthquakes-say-studies-6C10604071
  • jlljll Veteran
    'It leaves behind all the nasty stuff in the ground', and that is ok?
    vinlyn said:

person said:

I learned about a new technique for fracking today called gel fracking or gas fracking. It replaces water with a liquefied propane, when the propane is used it turns into a gas and can be recollected and either used as fuel for the wells or reused into the gel. It leaves behind all the nasty stuff in the ground and since it evaporates and doesn't stay behind like water more of the gas can be retrieved. It is more expensive and still waits approval in the US so companies may still opt for the water based method, but if the government could mandate the gas process that could solve a lot of problems.

What about the affect on earthquakes?
  • vinlynvinlyn Colorado...for now Veteran
    Boy, I must be missing something in the above post.