Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

can't change my profile avatar....

MaryAnneMaryAnne Veteran
edited August 2013 in NewBuddhist.com
I tried to change my profile picture and I keep getting the message that I can't upload this type of file....
I tried several different jpeg files, all resized as small as possible, and then even tried to reuse the one I had before trying to change it. Can't! Waaaah! :bawl:

And it looks like smileys aren't coming up as pics either.... :-(

Comments

• Yes, I've noticed the same thing...
  • Me too???
  • Hi MaryAnne & Riverflow,

I think I figured it out...change the jpg to gif format, and it downloads. Yaaaaay!
    MaryAnne
  • Cool, I'll try that!
  • Success!! Woohoo!
  • same problem again.... not even a gif will upload :(
  • vinlynvinlyn Colorado...for now Veteran
    You mean you don't really look like that??? :p
    karastiTheEccentric
  • LOL Well @Vinlyn.... some mornings...... ;)
    karastiTheEccentric
  • vinlynvinlyn Colorado...for now Veteran
    I know that feeling!
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    @Lincoln, please check.
  • LincLinc Site owner Detroit Moderator
    Try again now. :om:
  • Still getting error: "You can not save images of this type. (2)"
    GIFs and PNGs are working; looks like I goofed JPG support. It should be fixed by tomorrow.
  • no problem. thanks for looking into it :)
  • *cant change profile avatar.*
    you must be the profile avatar you wish to change.
    oops, wrong thread.
    vinlynriverflowDandelionMaryAnne
  • @MaryAnne ... It must work now! WOOF! lol
  • Well, actually this was a .gif I had on my computer.... I still can't upload jpg - at least not the last time I checked. Might be fixed now, I'll see....
  • Nope.... still a no-go for jpgs
  • Straight_ManStraight_Man Gentle Man Veteran
    MaryAnne, there are two kinds of jpg, one kind, ".jpeg 2000" so-called, may still be blocked from working due to the fact that the Linux folks who put that advanced form out proceeded to unfortunately put a windows virus in the format spec. The old jpg format should work, though. Will try that and see, now.
  • Straight_ManStraight_Man Gentle Man Veteran
    Well, will have to wait for daylight and get mom to take another picture of me and convert it to old jpg spec file and upload it here to see if old spec works here. I know that worked on Icrontic, a sister site.
    This is fixed now. Our hiccup in service last night was this being added.
    MaryAnneStraight_Man