Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Happy Thanksgiving!

2»

Comments

• howhow Veteran Veteran
    I think politics and borders are no less a spiritual issue than anything else we cling to.
    If emptiness can not be referenced with such a subject, then the mundane will forever reflect these limitations.
    David
  • how said:

If emptiness can not be referenced with such a subject, then the mundane will forever reflect these limitations.

That's my assertion.
  • DavidDavid A human residing in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. Ancestral territory of the Erie, Haudenosaunee, Huron-Wendat, Mississauga and Neutral First Nations Veteran
    edited December 2013
    robot said:

Again, ands it's only my opinion, when discussing worldly things like politics and borders, it can only be done coherently if you leave emptiness out of it.
    Otherwise you run the risk of talking nonsense.

"Permanence or impermanence, sameness or difference / both of these or neither / the mistaken projection of fools / continuities without beginning"

From the Lankavatara Sutra

The mistaken projection of fools is what causes borders in the first place. I'm not against having borders but they should serve preference and not perpetuate the ignorant view of us and them.

• DavidDavid A human residing in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. Ancestral territory of the Erie, Haudenosaunee, Huron-Wendat, Mississauga and Neutral First Nations Veteran
    how said:

I think politics and borders are no less a spiritual issue than anything else we cling to.

I agree.