Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

The heart of meditation

13»

Comments

• anatamananataman Who needs a title? Where am I? Veteran
    edited January 2014
    Thank you for the guided meditation @fivebells! It was a good one.

For those of you who have listened to this guided mediation - posted 7 times. LOL - I listened to it whilst in the gym on the exercise bike. 1 hour and 777 calories later, I got off the bike high as a kite, smiling and looking as red as a beetroot and dripping with sweat, talk about right effort and concentration! Trying to remain standing on the second landing, when I could have jumped out of the window.

I always like to take away 3 things from a meditation if I can (all that I had already learned but renewed from the guided meditation):

1. Happiness comes from within us and we don't have to go looking anywhere else for it. Truth verified - check.

2. At the right moment during the guided meditation, when I was in that 'sky-like nature of mind', pure awareness, still, inner voice silent, legs pumping away, breath imperceptible, the sounds of all the people, music and machines around me just passing through my awareness 'like a screen', even the sound of the teachers voice, but aware of it enough to know that when I was reminded by the teacher not to let the awareness shrink, that's when I caught it - the awareness contracting around the forming thought(s) of the self just when the self starts to make an appearance. I let it go and was able to do this a number of times. Nice!

3. At the end of the mediation I was reminded not to just stop meditating (a common problem - the throwing yourself out of the window after you have spent all that time climbing the stairs) but to remain in that state of calm, meditation brought. That was priceless. Smile - I didn't give a diddly squat about what anyone thought I was smiling at, I was the laughing buddha, and nothing could take it away. LOL

Thanks again @fivebells, I might listen to it again for the other 6 times you have posted it!

May all the merit of this meditation go out and invigorate everyones sense of humour and compassion for themselves.

Mettha ha ha

The heart of meditation indeed...
    Or... looking from a different perspective is a meditative experience just another trick of the mind?

• Everything is a meditative experience ;)
  • DairyLamaDairyLama Veteran Veteran
    anataman said:

Or... looking from a different perspective is a meditative experience just another trick of the mind?

Yes, but a wholesome trick.
    ;)
  • anataman said:

No. Its identifiying the trickster and stopping feeding it.
    anataman
  • fivebellsfivebells Veteran
    edited January 2014
    anataman said:

For those of you who have listened to this guided mediation - posted 7 times.

Sorry, I didn't understand the rather unconventional URL structure of the page I took those links from. It decides which talk to return based on the second last element of the URL path. Here are the correct links: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7. Start with link number 2 if you're still interested, as it sounds like you've already gotten a good dose of number 1. :)
    anataman
    fivebells said:

anataman said:

For those of you who have listened to this guided mediation - posted 7 times.

Sorry, I didn't understand the rather unconventional URL structure of the page I took those links from. It decides which talk to return based on the second last element of the URL path. Here are the correct links: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7. Start with link number 2 if you're still interested, as it sounds like you've already gotten a good dose of number 1. :)
    Thanks I will do so.. I so loved the sound of the singing bowel at the end of that guided mediation that I've just gone and bought one to replace my cymbals! I've been meaning to get one for the last 5 years.
    lobster
  • NP, hope you enjoy it.
    Yes I am enjoying it! I did not really understand how they really worked until tonight... Bang rub resonate!
    AUM = wow!