Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

So what do I do now?

I have finally learned how to meditate properly. I often find myself smiling/laughing at Ego's constant attempts to derive an illusory sense of self from new tasks. It constantly says "this is me" but I laugh because it does this for everything.

I am also able to control the blood flow in my body and chakra flow. Now I just want to know what to do next?

I can sit there and meditate more, but I want more shape in my direction if you guys can help.

Comments

• howhow Veteran Veteran
    edited February 2014
    After a lifetime of allowing the ego to shape everything around you, maybe meditation is just where you allow everything to be itself, unshaped.
    Just a thought.
    lobsterDavidRodrigoanataman
  • Invincible_summerInvincible_summer Heavy Metal Dhamma We(s)t coast, Canada Veteran
    @heyimacrab

Correct me if I'm wrong, but when you say "finally learned how to meditate," it sounds like you just figured it out recently. If so, I would say keep at it without trying to "get to the next level."

Just because you figured out how to ride a bike doesn't mean you're ready for the Great Divide.

Also, curious as to how you "control your blood flow." Does that mean you can stop blood from flowing into your feet, for example?
  • @heyimacrab

Correct me if I'm wrong, but when you say "finally learned how to meditate," it sounds like you just figured it out recently. If so, I would say keep at it without trying to "get to the next level."

Just because you figured out how to ride a bike doesn't mean you're ready for the Great Divide.

Also, curious as to how you "control your blood flow." Does that mean you can stop blood from flowing into your feet, for example?

No im able to force it to any spot that I want. I cant really stop the blood flow, maybe if I worked on it
  • seeker242seeker242 Zen Florida, USA Veteran

I can sit there and meditate more, but I want more shape in my direction if you guys can help.

Isn't meditation ultimately about letting go of wanting? :)
    Now I just want to know what to do next?
    You could try not doing anything and just sit there breathing. That usually gets pretty interesting. Especially when you have a desire to "do something". :)

lobster
  • karastikarasti Breathing Minnesota Moderator
    The "magic" of meditation comes in it's simplicity. If you are always striving to achieve something else, is that really freedom?
    I read this morning in CTR's "The Path to Individual Liberation" (highly recommend, by the way) "Sitting is very dull. It does not say very much. There is no encounter, no sensory awareness or touch-feely. Sitting is very ordinary and very simple. Because of that, it is highly precious."

I'm not saying the things you have accomplished are not worthwhile! I am just saying, sometimes it pays to go back to the simplest form. Did you ever read Narnia (or another story) as a child, and then re-read it as an adult? Totally different game. Amazingly different. Same with many things, I think.
  • wangchueywangchuey Veteran
    edited February 2014
    Enjoy it and make it last. What else is there?
  • anatamananataman Who needs a title? Where am I? Veteran
    edited February 2014

I have finally learned how to meditate properly. I often find myself smiling/laughing at Ego's constant attempts to derive an illusory sense of self from new tasks. It constantly says "this is me" but I laugh because it does this for everything.

I am also able to control the blood flow in my body and chakra flow. Now I just want to know what to do next?

That's really great to hear, meditation can be hard to learn properly and master.

I am not sure If I will ever control my bloodflow though, but I just let my heart do it for me, it does a good job generally, so I think it's best not to interfere with it too much.

Chakra's are a bit esoteric for me to even think about mastering

Here are some shapes, hopefully they are useful to investigate, but you may already have found their meanings already - however, I offer them up to anyone else interested in the shape of the hands during meditation:

• Now I just want to know what to do next?

Ask yourself "Where is the stress? What is its cause? Is it necessary? Can I find a way to let it go?"
    Invincible_summer
  • I don't understand your question. What do you think is possible? It must be something since you do not think what you are doing now is your final accomplishment. It seems you are inviting internal conflict by clinging to and striving for the next big thing.
    anatamankarasti
  • anatamananataman Who needs a title? Where am I? Veteran

I don't understand your question. What do you think is possible? It must be something since you do not think what you are doing now is your final accomplishment. It seems you are inviting internal conflict by clinging to and striving for the next big thing.

But this is just the start - or have you not started @mfranzdorf, or have you gone so far you have forgotten? This site is Newbuddhist.com for a reason!
  • I can sit there and meditate more, but I want more shape in my direction if you guys can help.
    What shape do you want? Meditation 'shape', 'want' or 'help' shape?
  • DavidDavid A human residing in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. Ancestral territory of the Erie, Haudenosaunee, Huron-Wendat, Mississauga and Neutral First Nations Veteran

@heyimacrab

No im able to force it to any spot that I want. I cant really stop the blood flow, maybe if I worked on it
    Umm... I don't think trying to stop your blood flow is such a great idea.
  • There was only one spot I could force it to. Actually it didn't take much coaxing. Truly, I couldn't stop it.
    Not so much now. Must meditate harder.
    jaelobsterhow
  • Now I just want to know what to do next?

Well you could work on meditating on the above....specifically...

now,
    I,
    want,
    know,
    what,
    do,
    next,
    and the ?

That should keep you busy for a while....(winks)