Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Offering Bowls

I don't have the money right now to get any real, brass offering bowls like what is traditionally used. So, just temporarily, I'm going to use small plastic bowls. Would these be acceptable?

Comments

• TheswingisyellowTheswingisyellow Trying to be open to existence Samsara Veteran
    Intention/motivation......
    That's what's matters.
    Plastic, brass doesn't matter, where are you directing your mind? What is your intention? What are you practicing because this is what you'll build up and strengthen.
    All the best,
    Todd
    Vastmind
  • I don't have the money right now to get any real, brass offering bowls like what is traditionally used. So, just temporarily, I'm going to use small plastic bowls. Would these be acceptable?

Sure.

Air, water, earth and a tea light are cheap offerings. As are a few coins or more.
  • I don't have the money right now to get any real, brass offering bowls like what is traditionally used. So, just temporarily, I'm going to use small plastic bowls. Would these be acceptable?

Yes, plastic bowls are perfectly acceptable to offer....but most folks would like gold ones. But why not offer your skull bowl?
    lobsterInvincible_summer
  • But why not offer your skull bowl?

You is naughty. ;)
    I have two left over from Halloween, plastic skulls on my shrine. However temple to floor . . . and the temple rises again . . .

:wave:
  • There is a thread on this from some time last year. I'll try to find it. The consensus is that even tiny glass votive candle holders are acceptable offering bowls. The responses in that thread were very helpful and enlightening. If I remember correctly it's perfectly OK to use just three bowls or cups. I use three and fill them with water. Just be sure to turn them upside down when they are empty.
    Chaz
  • ChazChaz The Remarkable Chaz Anywhere, Everywhere & Nowhere Veteran

I don't have the money right now to get any real, brass offering bowls like what is traditionally used. So, just temporarily, I'm going to use small plastic bowls. Would these be acceptable?

Totally acceptable.

Fancy offering bowls are completely unnecessary.

I use glass tealight cups from IKEA. Really cheap.