Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Straight Forward

.... I dunno....I'm more than willing to listen if
your willing to be a little more straight forward with me...
Dear Friends of the three gems,

As we all know we are all different, though in essence those differences are our emptiness and hindrances. How then to listen without ears burning that this is meant for us? Or to put it another way, 'attention, attention attention' - how do we hear everything as if it is talking to us?
http://www.ling.upenn.edu/~beatrice/buddhist-practice/attention.html
How many times do we hear a story and say but what is the meaning?

We move on. We accept that everyone is offering their support and explanation and counsel or councel. We may not be ready to hear that change requires . . . change. We may want to be armchair Buddhists or clever or crazy masters of dharma. We may have to pay our dues. Patience, practice, developing metta, letting anger and the need to be taught or to comprehend everything let go . . . not too tight . . . not to lose[sic]

Is your path straight or are you wobbling, picking yourself up? Are we in a win-win situation yet? :)

Comments

• VastmindVastmind Memphis, TN Veteran
    Move on. Let go. Change. Pay attention.

I will.

• lobsterlobster Veteran
    edited February 2014
    I will.
    Me too.
    Here is some celebrity dharma experience from Richard Geer:

Notice where the responsibility is? We have to do the work.
    Oh . . . now they tell me . . . I think they always did . . . ;)
    anataman
  • anatamananataman Who needs a title? Where am I? Veteran
    I like it, buddhism is very 'western'.

This was my little take home message from that little offering @lobster: our world is caused and conditioned by our desire to be something other than it is.... so what is it I want to be? What's wrong with what I've got?

errrr, Penny starts to drop... 'tingggggg!'
  • @anatman. Perhaps the real issue is a desire for all the good to be immutable and all the rest mutable.
    anataman
  • BunksBunks Australia Veteran
    Something Ajahn Brahm said resonates with me and I find myself doing exactly the same thing.

When I am in a situation i am bored with (eg. Reading the same book to my three year old for the umpteenth time) I ask myself "Ok, where else do you want to be?" and the answer is almost always "Nowhere".
    anataman
  • What's wrong with what I've got?
    Who we are is all we have. No big thing. You have a partner, you have a child, you have sentient being reading words. Some may not. Mostly we have a chance . . . onward . . .