Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

The Matrix

I'm just curious. Has anybody found the matrix?

Watch this, then post. I'll love the time we share together ;)

Comments

• Aspiring_BuddhistAspiring_Buddhist Seeker of the Buddha Within WA Veteran

I remember when this came out in 1999 - what a mind-bending movie...

Also the start of the "every movie must have a sequel" craze...

"There is no spoon..."

• personperson Don't believe everything you think The liminal space Veteran

If you haven't watched this documentary on the philosophy behind the movie, I think you'll like it.
    http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/philosophy-and-the-matrix-return-to-the-source/

lobster
  • anatamananataman Who needs a title? Where am I? Veteran

I liked the films - chewing gum for the mind...

• Thanks guys. I now have something to watch today thanks @person :)

Yes chewing gum for the mind is a good way to put it.

• There is no reality in a dream but nevertheless we believe in the reality of the things seen in a dream. After waking up, we recognize the falsity of the dream and we smile at ourselves. In the same way, the person deep in the sleep of the fetters (saṃyojananidra) clings (abhiniviśate) to the things that do not exist; but when he has found the Path, at the moment of enlightenment, he understands that there is no reality and laughs at himself. This is why it is said: like in a dream.
    Moreover, by the power of sleep (nidrābala), the dreamer sees something there where there is nothing. In the same way, by the power of the sleep of ignorance (avidyānidrā), a person believes in the existence of all kinds of things that do not exist, e.g., ‘me’ and ‘mine’ (ātmātmīya), male and female, etc.

Moreover, in a dream, we enjoy ourselves although there is nothing enjoyable there; we are irritated although there is nothing irritating there; we are frightened although there is nothing to be afraid of there. In the same way, beings of the threefold world (traidhātukasattva), in the sleep of ignorance, are irritated although there is nothing irritating, enjoy themselves although there is nothing enjoyable, and frightened although there is nothing to be afraid of.

— Nagarjuna - Mahaprajñaparamitopadesa – Chapter XI

This is your last chance. After this, there is no turning back. You take the blue pill – the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill – you stay in Wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes. Remember, all I'm offering is the truth – nothing more.

Morpheus in the movie Matrix

JeffreylobsteranatamanLostSoul
  • anatamananataman Who needs a title? Where am I? Veteran

But do we really choose which pill we get to swallow, or do we passively watch it pass our lips and note the colour.

Chewing gum for the mind...

LostSoul
  • LOL I love you guys :)

With metta