Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

I just want to say thank you everyone

bookwormbookworm U.S.A. Veteran

I'm a Theravada buddhist and I got it in my head that there is only one way towards liberation I understand now how ignorant I was and that their are many paths to awakening and i saw how obsessive I was at attaining this or getting that, I saw my desire to attain enlightenment was a problem, I started learning about different schools of Mahayana, and I read the prajnaparamita heart sutra many many times and I found it incredibly beautiful and exquisite, I understand now that buddhism is about letting go and the path isn't about attainments but its all about letting go and enlightenment is the ultimate letting go and I finally see the ignorance in my life

I also want to say thank you @lobster and and also apologize to you and I find all your post very insightful and helpful and I enjoyed reading your blog, and want to thank everyone on here as well, thank you, i'm not enlightened but I understand now.

karastilobsterStraight_ManBhikkhuJayasaraHamsakaDakinifootiam

Comments

• sovasova delocalized fractyllic harmonizing Veteran

yay appreciating ! :D

bookworm
  • lobsterlobster Veteran

Outstanding.

Not because you thanked me personally but because you thanked everyone and apologised, even though this is never a requirement, it is a worthy example of humility.

What occurs is as @how recently said 'a widening of the heart'. Acceptance that we owe parents, teachers, exemplars, cushions, book writers, dharma transmitters, so many, so much. Once we begin to experience this priceless gift that surrounds us, what do we do?

We to the best of our abilities participate and pass it on . . . what else is there . . . :)

Hamsakabookworm
  • Excellent post Bookworm and a great philosophy.

bookworm
  • BhikkhuJayasaraBhikkhuJayasara Bhikkhu Veteran
    edited May 2014

well actually there really is just one way to liberation....

It's the Noble Eightfold Path! which of course is found in every tradition. As far as traditions go... I believe Theravada IS the best tradition hands down.... for me. For others that may be Mahayana.

bookworm
  • Straight_ManStraight_Man Gentle Man Veteran

Excellent post, bookworm. In a sense, we all have to or have learned that lesson, so I offer metta also to you.

bookworm