Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

of life and death

genkakugenkaku Northampton, Mass. U.S.A. Veteran

Comments

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

I'm not sure I would describe it as 'nice'... I feel desperately sad for the man, and deem it tragic that with all the counsel and support he has given, he cannot find comfort and closure for his own loss, which has put an end to his life's work...

• howhow Veteran Veteran

ditto.

• karastikarasti Breathing Minnesota Moderator

It's sad, but it's beautiful, too. The man doesn't seem to be expressing regret at the work he did, and it sounds like he's moving in a new direction with counseling families rather than the dying themselves.

I didn't get the sense that the man feels ruined. He's grateful for what he had, both in his wife/marriage and in his work. I more got the sense that it's just a moving along.

It no doubt takes time to get over the loss of such a long term life partner. It took me years to get over the death of my ex, who I new for 12 years and never married. I can't imagine what it could be like to "get over" the death of a decades long marriage.

• genkakugenkaku Northampton, Mass. U.S.A. Veteran

"Nice" may not have been the best descriptive. I meant that it was nice in the sense that it felt like real life ... happy, sad, true.

But that's just me.

• CinorjerCinorjer Veteran

It was wonderful.