Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

More Thai Buddhist Ethics

Comments

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

Interesting is not the word I would use...

• Those same protestors who have blocked off the roads recently stabbed a truck driver delivering ice because he knocked over one of the cones, now the guy is in a coma. He had nothing against the protestors, he simply knocked over one of their road block cones. And this monk, Pra Buddha, is on their front line.

• vinlynvinlyn Colorado...for now Veteran

He needs to be defrocked.

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

He needs to be de-something-ed....

ThailandTom
  • karastikarasti Breathing Minnesota Moderator

Some of the comments asked who ordained the monk. If he is truly a monk, clearly someone performed vows with/for him. It seems that person should be standing up to at least say something about his "student" but perhaps they are off on the same path and he agrees with the students skewed logic. Instead of standing up to say something, it seems like most shy away from admitting any contact/association at all with the misbehaving person, which is a shame.

He has now announced that he will be returning to his temple in Nakhon Pathom, where they found bombs this morning (as in someone had set bombs at the temple).

I don't see where the Buddhist ethics comes into it...

• ThailandTomThailandTom Veteran
    edited May 2014

@federica said:
    I don't see where the Buddhist ethics comes into it...

That's my point ..

Taken.

Here's another: "The abbot of Wat Doi Suthep will hold a Visakha Bucha Day ceremony on Tuesday to wipe away the bad fortune for Yingluck Shinawatra. The former prime minister, dismissed by the Constitutional Court last week, is not expected to attend the ceremony.

More:
    http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/politics/409410/ritual-to-end-yingluck-bad-luck. View our policies at http://goo.gl/9HgTd and http://goo.gl/ou6Ip.

© Post Publishing PCL. All rights reserved.

• VictoriousVictorious Grim Veteran
    edited May 2014

Yet another idiot. Sigh. :grumble: I meant the first article.

• personperson Don't believe everything you think The liminal space Veteran

In the separation of church and state I think is fairly widely understood that religion can have a negative influence on politics, this seems to be an example of how getting politics into a religion can have a bad effect on religion as well.

BuddhadragonVastmindKundo