Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

"Sayings and Quotes" Thread.

124»

Comments

• SarahTSarahT Time ... space ... joy South Coast, UK Veteran

"You do not have to leave the room. Remain standing at your table and listen.
    Do not even listen, simply wait. Do not even wait. Be quite still and solitary.
    The world will freely offer itself to you to be unmasked.
    It has no choice. It will roll in ecstasy at your feet."

-- Franz Kafka

Vastmind
  • silversilver In the beginning there was nothing, and then it exploded. USA, Left coast. Veteran

Jeffrey
  • silversilver In the beginning there was nothing, and then it exploded. USA, Left coast. Veteran
    edited January 2015

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

(Love Gary Zukav - 'Seat of the Soul' really resonated with me....

However, I find myself flinching at the word "humbleness"..... when 'Humility" has existed for far longer.... :D )

• @federica said:
    However, I find myself flinching at the word "humbleness"..... when 'Humility" has existed for far longer.... :D )

:)

Perhaps thinking of humbleness as crumbleness. :blush:
    Who does not like apple crhumble . . . it is so humilifying.

Humility and crumble . . . it all starts with an apple . . . ;)

silver
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

What dafuq are you on about....? :confused:

:D

lobster
  • BunksBunks Australia Veteran

If you want to know what you did in your past lives, look at your present body.
    If you wish to know your future lives, look at your present mind.

Dunno

“Everything can be taken from a man but one thing: the last of the human freedoms - to choose one’s attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one’s own way.” ~ Viktor Frankl (Holocaust survivor)
    >

Remembering the holocaust, today. (Anniversary - 70 years since liberation.)

nakazcidBunksSarahT
  • BunksBunks Australia Veteran

As water falls from a lotus leaf so sorrow drops from those who are free of toxic craving.

336 Dhammapada

JeffreyShoshin