Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

well, there's a thing.... again...

federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky...Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
edited May 2014 in General Banter

Spotted this story on another website.
It certainly seems to be an interesting case, and one, apparently authenticated and certified as a true account.

Does this article change anyone's mind, on rreincarnation, given that there was a discussion here about a week ago, on locating Tulkus, and some members were, shall we say, unimpressed...?
http://www.theepochtimes.com/n3/681034-3-year-old-remembers-past-life-identifies-murderer-and-location-of-body/

person

Comments

• VastmindVastmind Memphis, TN Veteran
    edited May 2014

This doesn't really change my mind. I need more details.

Real pics would help too. Of the matching scars and of the evidence.

All of it. The burden of proof is on the persons making the claim.

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

I think there is reference to where the article is documented in more detail but I didn't check the footnotes, I admit....

• MeisterBobMeisterBob Mindful Agnathiest CT , USA Veteran

Think I'm gonna find out myself....eventually.

VastmindZenshinKundo
  • VastmindVastmind Memphis, TN Veteran
    edited May 2014

^^^ I like that approach.

From now on...in order to remain open about the idea/possibility, my
    response will be........ "Maybe......I'll find out"

• CinorjerCinorjer Veteran
    edited May 2014

No, it doesn't. Because all you have is a story. Is the story true or false? You have no way of knowing. And in every case where a researcher experienced in investigations has bothered to do the legwork on these tales of children remembering past lives, they've discovered details were changed, dropped, and sometimes invented to force the facts to fit their belief. People tend to do this.

VastmindvinlynInvincible_summer
  • karastikarasti Breathing Minnesota Moderator

No convincing needed for me, I've had enough conversations with my own children to convince me there is something to it. But it's not a focus of my practice by any means.

KundoDandelion
  • VictoriousVictorious Grim Veteran
    edited May 2014

Doesn't change my mind a bit. Insert really obnoxious I told you so smiley here.

I am going to go out on a limb here and guess that nobodys got the more elaborate emoticons to work yet? Else what am I doing wrong?

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited May 2014

According to @Linc‌ it's a "ghost in the machine."
    We're having to go without.
    They can be created, but frankly, I don't bother.

You will all have to take it as read that I am ALWAYS deadly serious.

lol.

• VictoriousVictorious Grim Veteran

I am having a dejavu moment I think. Albeit a very serious one...

edited May 2014

Yes, thanks to my having only my phone to type on at the moment, for some reason, double posts seem to be a habit I'm unable to break right now.

One duplicate deleted.

(Damn. I deleted the wrong one....)

• howhow Veteran Veteran
    edited May 2014

I've had enough experiences with past lives to not discount reincarnation but what that has presented to me is that I arose as a compilation of a plethora of karmic streams, non of which is anymore of a personality than what ever past misgiving gave each of them their inertial energy to continue unresolved.

I assume that with my death, those karmic streams that I have been unable to resolve, plus any more that I have created, will each disperse to form parts of a new potential vehicles.

Nowhere in my experiences was there a purpose to hold a personality or a self together beyond deaths door anymore than there was a past personality or intact self that produced my current life.

ZenshinShoshinInvincible_summer
  • KundoKundo Sydney, Australia Veteran

I read this yesterday. It could very well be true. Or it was one hell of an elaborate way to catch a killer.

Bunks
  • DakiniDakini Veteran

@dhammachick said:
    I read this yesterday. It could very well be true. Or it was one hell of an elaborate way to catch a killer.

Well, the killer confessed. So, if the story's true, one could look it up in court documents or police records, presumably.

Kundo