Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

nutritional yeast

2»

Comments

• JeffreyJeffrey Veteran

There is nothing lethal that can survive beer (i have read).

• zombiegirlzombiegirl beating the drum of the lifeless in a dry wasteland Veteran

Another interesting side note about yeast... Apparently, according to the co-founder of Sam Adams, if you take some yeast with every beer, you'll never get drunk.

Very relevant for people who like trying new beers for the taste, not the alcohol. (Which is exactly why Jim Koch does this.)

inyo
  • LiiLii Explorer

Thank you for the discussion regarding yeast. I went to my health food store and the owner who has been selling health food for 40 years told me that Nutritional Yeast was the same as Brewer's Yeast. Lucky for me he was out of both. I checked and they are not the same thing. I ordered some Nutritional Yeast online and can't wait to try it. All the protein I get is vegetable and a little more protein might be good. Thanks!

• VastmindVastmind Memphis, TN Veteran
    edited May 2014

I did clay powder in water and capsules for detoxing when I quit smoking cold turkey.

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

@Lii said:
    Thank you for the discussion regarding yeast. I went to my health food store and the owner who has been selling health food for 40 years told me that Nutritional Yeast was the same as Brewer's Yeast. Lucky for me he was out of both. I checked and they are not the same thing. I ordered some Nutritional Yeast online and can't wait to try it. All the protein I get is vegetable and a little more protein might be good. Thanks!

>

Absolutely correct, they are definitely NOT the same thing, well done you for double-checking.

You should go back when you receive your nutritional yeast, show him the pack, and tell him he's an ignoramus!!

Like some pharmacist was trying to convince my mother - who is a fully-qualified Aromatherapist - that Essence of Lavender was exactly the same as Lavender essential oil.... !