Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Sustained "effortless" effort...

MeisterBobMeisterBob Mindful AgnathiestCT , USA Veteran
edited May 2014 in Buddhism Basics

Not how long I practice,how hard I practice, how precisely I practice- not "getting it right". To just gently nudge myself

back to this moment,again and and again if need be. To sustain ,best I can, the awareness that life is here and now without

"scolding" myself for not "getting it right".... In this day every moment I hold is my practice. Bob

lobsterBuddhadragonEarthninjaHamsaka

Comments

• ToraldrisToraldris   -`-,-{@     Zen Nud... Buddhist     @}-,-`-   East Coast, USA Veteran

Mindfulness. There you go.

• BuddhadragonBuddhadragon Ehipassiko & Carpe Diem Samsara Veteran
    edited May 2014

And the next minute, back on the cushion, you may feel the same... or not.
    What matters is showing up. Here and now.

• MeisterBobMeisterBob Mindful Agnathiest CT , USA Veteran

@AldrisTorvalds said:
    Mindfulness. There you go.

Or ... "Where ever you go , There you are" (JK-Zinn) ...or aren't... :) ...

Earthninja
  • howhow Veteran Veteran

@MeisterBob

Sometimes in Zen it is refered to as training for training's sake or likened to the way one might adjust ones pillow in the middle of a nights sleep.

Having mind-full-ness reinitializing itself, moment by moment, with the meditator being little more than a loose leaf borne on winds of that awareness.

Where falling down and getting up again are just like one breath following the next.

• JeffreyJeffrey Veteran

who is not getting it right and where does that one have to go to? Why do they want to go there? I imagine to feel better.

lobsterBuddhadragon
  • lobsterlobster Veteran

@Jeffrey said:
    I imagine to feel better.

Yes indeed. Not all of us have the determination, capacity or need for 'the big E' aka enlightenment. . . Sit on cushion, maybe chant to Medicine Buddha or light some sandalwood incense, or do a little yoga, play some chanting . . . Feel a little better. Yes indeed.

We haz plan! Easy.

JeffreyBuddhadragonMeisterBob
  • MeisterBobMeisterBob Mindful Agnathiest CT , USA Veteran
    edited May 2014

"We may have everything that we need to awaken, but pure awareness may elude recognition precisely because it is so simple and ordinary. Often people assume that awakening involves some spectacular, new experience, so we wait for this miraculous event, and all the while we have never been separated from this pure awareness."
    Yongey Mingyur Rinpoche

lobsterDavidBuddhadragonEarthninja